Lowered Leon Cupra R, 20mm.

chriskaztaz

Hi guys and gals.
There has been many a question regarding lowering a LCR. I know coz I asked the same questions to no avail!!
I managed to source some v.cheap Jamex replacement uprated rear shocks and some Sports lowering springs, giving V.good results.
I've managed to tighten up the steering response via the front springs and a Strut brace, and the rear has stopped diving under hard acceleration due to the uprated shocks and sports springs.
I don't have any grounding problems regarding speed bumps, and the overall ride comfort hasn't been compromised as the set-up comes into it's own when req'd.
I will attempt to attach some pics for you to view and let me know what you think.
Cheers peeps.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Scoobers said:
Just curious. Where did you get the strut brace for the LCR and how much was it.

Thx

The Audi S3 upper strut brace is the popular choice and it's around £60 from the dealers:)

chriskaztaz

Thanks for the replies guys.
Scoobers - The front strut brace is polished ally, and I bought it off e-bay for £40. The guy selling has many ads so there's plenty to go around!! Looks the part, and really does the job.
BHP Addict - The springs have been fitted front and rear. I sourced them from a company in Salisbury called J-tec and/or Performance FX. They're Tel No. 01722 340099. Speak to a guy called Dan and say you're a reccomendation (that will get you a discount!!) They couldn't source any front shocks, but the springs and rear shocks gave great results. If you're after front shocks also, make sure that they have mounting points for the Anti roll bar as some shocks may be listed, but are in fact wrong.

As yet, have not managed any pics, but should be soon!!

Cheers!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Cheers mate.

Im sourcing info at the mo regarding Collys, springs, shocks so will be making decision shortly.thanks for the contact tho.will come in very useful :thumbup:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.