manual folding of the mirrors using the remote control. possibile ?

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Hi. I can turn off the automatic folding of the mirrors in the infotainment. I would like to be able to fold the mirrors by holding a button on the remote control. A friend of mine has something like this in his Superb MK2. Is it possible to do something like this in Leon to control the mirrors with the remote control?

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Do they fold if you hold the lock button?
in my car, the mirrors do not respond to the remote control. Only 2 variants. if I have it turned on in infotainment, then automatic closing when locking the car and opening when opening the car. If I turn off the infotainment, the mirrors do not respond to anything. at a friend's house in a superb, when he locks the car and holds the remote control button or clicks twice, the mirrors will close. I would like to close them myself when I want, not automatically.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I would like to close them myself when I want, not automatically.
Why not use the close/open option on the mirror switch instead (with auto disabled in infotainment)? Ok its not on the key but you still have 'manual' control.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It's usually a good idea to have the mirrors automatically fold in when the car is locked. Thieves will typically look for modern cars with their mirrors unfolded as it's a good indication from a distance if the owner forgot to lock it or not.

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
It's usually a good idea to have the mirrors automatically fold in when the car is locked. Thieves will typically look for modern cars with their mirrors unfolded as it's a good indication from a distance if the owner forgot to lock it or not.
That's true. But I mainly drive from a private house with a garage to work with a private parking lot. Generally, most of the time I don't even lock the car :) In fact, closing the mirrors would be useful when parking on the street or in tight spaces. I will only fold it by hand in such places and that's it (knob inside)

Reactions: Alex667

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Not a fan of mirrors folding in, came across a couple that had problems with the fold motor due to mechanism freezing during winter and unable to unfold right away upon unlocking.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Not a fan of mirrors folding in, came across a couple that had problems with the fold motor due to mechanism freezing during winter and unable to unfold right away upon unlocking.
This is why I switch off the auto fold during the winter months and use the manual switch only when needed.

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Hello Witek
I have just taken hold of a mk 4 FR and i was wondering the same, I had a mk 3 excellence and I loved just holding the lock button to fold the mirrors... Did you find out if you can stop the auto folding ?

Regards
LB

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Hello Witek
I have just taken hold of a mk 4 FR and i was wondering the same, I had a mk 3 excellence and I loved just holding the lock button to fold the mirrors... Did you find out if you can stop the auto folding ?

Regards
LB
you can disable automatic mirror closing in the multimedia system. you press the screen at the bottom right on the car icon and there is an option to turn off this on one of the screens.

Reactions: loyalbear1872
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise