Melting Fuse Box Petition

AaronM

Jul 6, 2006
New Forest
www.gtiowners.co.uk
I wondered if any one had thought to try and arrange a petition for all those who have had there fuse box melt in hope that Seat might think about a recall for this. Surely an eletrical problem like this is highly dangerous and deserves to be put right?

Also one for the clutch would be an idea?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I would definitely sign the fuse box one. Perhaps refer Seat to the lengthy thread on the topic too (although this might have been best in another section as it is not just specific to Mk3 Ibiza's)

AaronM

Jul 6, 2006
New Forest
www.gtiowners.co.uk
Yeah ok sounds like an idea. If every one who has had the problem can perhaps put some details, like filing out the below:

Model:
Details of incident:
Approx date:

I am sure I can compile everything and send it off to there HO?!

Or perhaps there is a better way such as pm me as I am sure i would need your names/addresses and registrations?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Model: Toledo V5 ('99 plate 10v)
Details of Incident: Fan fuse melted causing big overheat. Non-VAG garage bypassed main fuse board by using external fuse. Also required diagnostics and reset of idle actuator.
Approx Date: 12/12/06

But like I said it may be worth getting a mod to move this to 'Problem Issues - all Seat models' section (or similar) as I know other models are affected and you might get a bigger petition.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Nice one. When done it will probably be worth giving a 'heads up' in this thread so those who kept subscriptions to the thread will be notified. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.