mfd3 / rns 510 programming

potter

I am interested in a mfd3 / rns510 for my 57 plate fr. I believe its a 08 version so the seat version should fit without any mods, as i have the bluetooth kit.

I realise there are other threads but i thought this was differnt enought to warrent a new thread. Sorry if you guys dont know think so.

There seems to be lots of VW versions around, has anyone been able to reprogramme the vw version to have the seat splash screen and the clock fit in the dash display? is it possible?

i noticed the sat nav cant do a full post code search or have customs poi's, has anyone managed to find away round this?

Is it possible to put a different nav package on there, like tomtom? what is the operating system on the unit?

Is there any uk suppliers of these units other than maindealers, i belive they are siemens (could be wrong).

Thanks

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Hiya like Nick said its difficult to mess around with and to be honest pointless as its very good as it is.
Yeah the post code thing is kind of a pain if all you have is the post code but how often is that? All you need is the post code and the road, once you enter 3 or 4 digits the unit asks you to choose the road from the post code area.
As for putting other software on, why bother? I sometimes use my missus car with a fairly up to date TomTom and frankly its crap! Poor directions and soooooooooooo sloooooooooooow.......
As for POIs I have been surprised how many are included on the RNS-510... not as many as you can get downloaded for a TomTom but most I have needed I have found.
You pay for what you get really, dont expect even a £400 TomTom to be as good as an RNS-510...
Sure you can get speed camera updates etc etc and I would love that but I have a little snooper for that!

potter

thanks guys, very usefull info.

does anyone know how much the units are from the steelers?

potter

i have sent him a message, just waiting a response.

Well i think i did the messaging thing right, fairly new to this forum.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
i paid tommy in euro's, the exchange rate what much more in our favour too when i got mine.
i dont think tax is applicable from euroland.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
do the units come with a warrenty?

off tommy :no:, you pays your money and takes your chances.

that said, mine came very well packaged, in mint condition (screen protector still on), and is still working fine.

i'm still very pleased, its an excellent system.

(i paid £750 delivered ;))

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
off tommy :no:, you pays your money and takes your chances.

that said, mine came very well packaged, in mint condition (screen protector still on), and is still working fine.

i'm still very pleased, its an excellent system.

(i paid £750 delivered ;))

Mine had seat brochures in the packaging..... but yeah properly packaged in a bit of plastic stuff moulded to fit..... ditto about the screen protector etc etc

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.