MK4 Brake Upgrades

seatmannen

Yes and yes :D

The TT 312mm fit behind the standard 16's that were on my car.

They didn't do that model over here - we had the 130 tdi pd sport instead.

Got a better price on the car since it needs new discs an pads. Might aswell go TT then right?

MichalR

Sep 2, 2006
Bromley, London
I have a 1.4 Sport at the mo and i was just wandering if i would have to get different hubs if i wanted to convert my brakes to FR discs and calipers?

Cheers

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Would callipers, carriers and 312mm discs from a 2005 Audi A3 s-line quattro fit on my 2002 Ibiza TDI 130?

I have a feeling that the stud spacing is wrong. any help would be appreciated, cheers

notorious5

So can I upgrade from stock 256 to 288 mm discs on my 2004 Ibiza 1.4tdi without changing carriers and calipers and will it clear my 14" winter steelies??? Thanks, If the 288's do fit does it matter if they are Seat, VW or Skoda discs?

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
ive searched this thread but havent found any answers to my question....soooo

does anyone know of a direct replacement pads &/or drilled/grooved disk size for a 1.2 12v ibiza? my pads a pretty worn and need replacing...i would like to get new pads with better stopping power?!?

main thing is i dont want to change hubs, carriers etc etc... anyone :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
could replace them with upgrade pads and disks, think mintex will some pads for the 1.2 and EBC probably will do grooved disks for em. End of the day mate though the 1.2 weighs very little and the standard brakes on mine when I had a 1.2 where excellent.

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
with that being said, i just feel that my brakes had to be pressed quite hard for you to feel the bite..

i guess i might as well just get the mintex standard replacements then...

ruimbt

Diameter of the disc brakes for Seat Sport (AP Racing) callipers

If your talking about the ibiza cupra mk 4 wheels then yes they will. The brembro calipers are smaller than the AP ones.

hello

sorry to bother, does anyone know the minimum diameter of the disc brakes for Seat Sport (AP Racing) callipers with 4 pistons? are 312 mm or more?

many thanks

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
312mm min and 312mm max :)

Going bigger wont fit and going smaller, the calipers wont work properly as the pads wont be secured properly.

ruimbt

Diameter of the disc brakes for Seat Sport (AP Racing) callipers

312mm min and 312mm max :)

Going bigger wont fit and going smaller, the calipers wont work properly as the pads wont be secured properly.

ok thanks

my Cupra as already the 312mm but with the original callipers, however i´m going to chenge them to a Seat Sport (AP Racing) callipers. i think it was going to stay very nice in the 17"....

good speed :)