MP3 CD Player

andyakamrt

Hey guys

Basically head my leon since august last yr, about 5 times since then when i skipped a track the cd has stopped playing and the message "CD Drive Defect" has come up on the screen. Then to either eject the cd or be able to get it working again i have 2 turn the engine off then bck on. I have bin the dealers today and they say there is nothing wrong with the unit it is just because I have used copyed CDs!

Was wondering if any bod else has had this problem and if the dealer is telling the truth!

Cheers

Andy

peteopc

Yes my dad has bit the dealers and Seat dont wont to know because they cant re-create the fault. You will be banging your head aganst the wall, my dad has been for nearly 6 months.

andyakamrt

Yes my dad has bit the dealers and Seat dont wont to know because they cant re-create the fault. You will be banging your head aganst the wall, my dad has been for nearly 6 months.

Yh i no its so annoying! And its even worse when your on long trip on the motorway and it happens! [:@]

peteopc

My dad finds that it only happens after about 2 hours worth of driving. The dealers are crap really because they wont take your word for it. After all, what would you gain? nothing, all you would get is an identical stereo not an upgrade so why would you waste your time by reporting a problem and taking your car in only to get the same stereo again if there was no problem.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I've got the same problem. First time it happened I'd just left the dealer so turned back but by that time the fault was cured. I think turning off the engine cured it.

Has happend maybe 6 times since but has 2 different error messages. On one occassion turning off the engine didn't cure it but just started working eventually.

The more annoying thing is the CD is stuck in there while this is going on.

It isn't just with copied CD's either as I keep a couple of pre-recorded ones in the car that I listen to now and again.

andyakamrt

I've got the same problem. First time it happened I'd just left the dealer so turned back but by that time the fault was cured. I think turning off the engine cured it.

Has happend maybe 6 times since but has 2 different error messages. On one occassion turning off the engine didn't cure it but just started working eventually.

The more annoying thing is the CD is stuck in there while this is going on.

It isn't just with copied CD's either as I keep a couple of pre-recorded ones in the car that I listen to now and again.

I no it is so B****y annoying! :D

Have you bin in contact with the dealer then m8? if so have they done anythin about it?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Just when it first happened I turned straight round and went back but the fault had gone by then. They said to take it in if it happened again but I've not been back so far. The fault clears itself so there is nothing to show them unfortunately.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.