multi changer

dawnibiza

Feb 20, 2007
I have the 6 disc head unit and i am looking at a 6 disc multi...but where would it fit :confused: i was thinking of the front not in the boot...thanks for any help..:redface:

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
They normaly sit in the glovebox on the mk4's (as said). If you look at the back of the glovebox you will see a rectangular pannel which has been marked out already for the cables to go through. Theres a guide on here somewhere on how to do it.

dawnibiza

Feb 20, 2007
Thanks guys the glovebox looked to small but if you say it fits then thats ok by me.. beezanick the guide would be great if i could find it :headhurt:

dawnibiza

Feb 20, 2007
:confused: sorry for being a bit blond the cd unit is std fit and only takes 1 cd but there is a button with 6 cd on so i was thinking i just need a multi changer

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
:confused: sorry for being a bit blond the cd unit is std fit and only takes 1 cd but there is a button with 6 cd on so i was thinking i just need a multi changer

ahh, that makes more sense!
you got 2 VAG / OEM multi-changer options.
1, goes in the glove box, as people have said
or
2, an in dash version, same size as the head unit you have, goes in place of the tray underneath your head unit.

no.2 is what i went for as you don't loose the glove box and the tray underneath the head unit is useless as whatever you put in there will slide out when pulling away from a junction!

dawnibiza

Feb 20, 2007
ahh, that makes more sense!
you got 2 VAG / OEM multi-changer options.
1, goes in the glove box, as people have said
or
2, an in dash version, same size as the head unit you have, goes in place of the tray underneath your head unit.

no.2 is what i went for as you don't loose the glove box and the tray underneath the head unit is useless as whatever you put in there will slide out when pulling away from a junction!

Thank you so much for your patience and time ;) now i know what i need

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Thank you so much for your patience and time ;) now i know what i need

no worries :D

i bought mine from ebay, and it originally came out of s Skoda Octavia, so when searching, try "Audi Changer, Vw Changer, Skoda Changer, SEAT........";)

also bear in mind that although the in-dash multi changers from other makes within the VAG range, you might have to buy a different type of lead from the dealers ;)
there's 2 types IIRC, 1 is about £15, the other is about £20

the one i needed was the more expensive :rolleyes:, so its likely you'll need the same

hope this helps [B)]

dawnibiza

Feb 20, 2007
no worries :D

i bought mine from ebay, and it originally came out of s Skoda Octavia, so when searching, try "Audi Changer, Vw Changer, Skoda Changer, SEAT........";)

also bear in mind that although the in-dash multi changers from other makes within the VAG range, you might have to buy a different type of lead from the dealers ;)
there's 2 types IIRC, 1 is about £15, the other is about £20

the one i needed was the more expensive :rolleyes:, so its likely you'll need the same

hope this helps [B)]

:funk: Looking on ebay now thanks again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.