my CAI and views

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
well as some of you know i run a CAI and have done for nearly two years

well you do get grate sounds from them slurping and hising its like hveing your own lil darth vader in the wing.

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

i cut my CAI down so the filter would sit in the wing as i dint want it to sit to close to the floor,i aldo put a stockin over the filter as a pre filter just to give it that lil bit more pretction

but i whent to clean/change the filter at the weekend due to me giveing
the car a service and i could not beleave how dirty the filter was,totally coverd in thilf,well this made me think strate away that mabie this is not the best or most safe place to have a filter, so i
have moved it back to wear i think most people have theres

Last edited:

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i only wanted a new filter but i managed to get this simota CAI of ebay for £24 bargin

so i thought i just use that filter as my new one and mabie mess around with that piping

06122008289.jpg

06122008292.jpg

06122008291.jpg

this is how messy the filter got in the wing

06122008295.jpg

06122008294.jpg

so with my filter now sitting just behind the batt i only used this smal strate bit of pipe

06122008297.jpg

this is how much i messed about with the pipeing just to see what would suite me best

06122008296.jpg

again another stocking over the filter for abit of extra :D might remove this yet of this one as i will not get no where near as thilfy behind the batt

06122008293.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
so realy unlees you wanna be cleaning your filter every 3000 miles dont get a CAI,ok in the summer but when you have crap weather like we do at the mo and the roads are shity probly not the best filter to go for,ideal realy for clear track days not every day road use imo

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Some good views and valid points

Im still undecided over what form of induction to get when finally get my cupra

but I will defo be taking this into consideration.

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
ah.. well glad i read this thread. mine sits behind the battery at the moment, so gonna keep it there. once the battery is in the boot, i'll get better air flow. but dont want it in the wing.

so whats the stocking for? just to protect from the crap it picks up??

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
ah.. well glad i read this thread. mine sits behind the battery at the moment, so gonna keep it there. once the battery is in the boot, i'll get better air flow. but dont want it in the wing.

so whats the stocking for? just to protect from the crap it picks up??

well K&N do something called a pre filter never found one but the stocking basicly acts as the pre filter just to protect it from extra crap yea

Dec 31, 2005
London
i had some silver tubing in my old one down the wing, similar to what you get on the back of tumble driers and that seems to work well with a jetex cone sat behind the battery

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i had some silver tubing in my old one down the wing, similar to what you get on the back of tumble driers and that seems to work well with a jetex cone sat behind the battery

this is what im gunna do next

like the new ride mate..fast?

20 valve ted

boorrrrm ttsssshhhh
Jul 22, 2007
huddersfield
i have k&n typhoon on mine and the filter sits behind the bumper infront of wheel arch, its never dirty but has a k&n waterproof cover on it. still have to swerve away from puddles tho!!!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i have k&n typhoon on mine and the filter sits behind the bumper infront of wheel arch, its never dirty but has a k&n waterproof cover on it. still have to swerve away from puddles tho!!!

have you sprayed that protecor with a small amount of silicone spray to repell the water ect?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
i ran a CAI for over a year on my old cupra, had it sat behind the fog...it didnt pick up that much dirt in the position mine was in & the sounds were awesome..I was always worried about puddles though..and avoided them like the plague..will probably get another soon..whereabouts exactly do these ebay ones sit?

is it the same as this?

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.