My GTRS Eliminator Dyno plots

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
peaking at 80'C [:@] but i got a new FMIC on its way with piping that dont go over the manifold.

the BF SMIC isnt to bad, and all the yanks rate it allot, I just done know why my peak temps where so high! though on the road they are allot cooler.
we also sprayed the IC with water between runs.

with the IC and a ferw other mods i hope to make minimum of 335bhp next time round.

bhp.jpg

tq.jpg

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
well seeing as many yanks are using this on over 300whp setups i really didnt see the problem, also allot of them where shocked and said that the EJ wont be much better than the big SMIC due to the big reputation these SMICs have.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
yah lol why does every one say that? are they the only ones in the UK that use that dyno software of something?

Format of graph is exactly the same as i got from AMD :shrug:

Fancy selling me your SMIC?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Stealths rollers are one of the more +ve ones... optomistic figures compared to other dyno's

Looks like same kinda numbers as mine first did on 1.2bar VF34 IHI... needs more revs tho I would have said... to make more of a powerband.

(note: the same dyno reads a chipped k03s at 250bhp/270lbft which is'nt real - MrsB Lupo for example)

Last edited:

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Another GTRS plot that seems to have a slow spool rate! Has it topend though although seems to drop off quickly.

Are you using the standard exhaust manifold? It would be interesting to see the benefits of a higher flowing mani!

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
Another GTRS plot that seems to have a slow spool rate! Has it topend though although seems to drop off quickly.

Are you using the standard exhaust manifold? It would be interesting to see the benefits of a higher flowing mani!

higher flowing mani, full spool at around 4k in 3rd gear. isnt to bad!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
original dyno on mine from vf34 at Jabba and these figures almost matched Stealths at tyhe same time..
Oettinger-IHI-before-after.jpg

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
yah looks a close match.

when was full spool on that IHI setup? in 3rd for e.g.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yah looks a close match.

when was full spool on that IHI setup? in 3rd for e.g.
It was pulling well from 3.5K rpm in 3rd but kept going to 7800rpm (tailing off slightly from 7200 onwards)

If you have a BT they will usually want to keep going if you let them rev wise, and thats where the losses in low end get made up for with avegance at the top end. bhp being just a function of torque and rpm after all.

keep the rpm going whilst its still pumping
my original power @ Stealth was also 80'C quickly on a std ibiza SMIC which is an abysmal SMIC on a st car let alone something fruity.

I would say the eliminator is going to be slightly slower to get going compared to a low inertia VF34 type unit, so let yours keep going longer and you will reap some more benefits of it being a bigger unit.

What boost is yours running?

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
It was pulling well from 3.5K rpm in 3rd but kept going to 7800rpm (tailing off slightly from 7200 onwards)

If you have a BT they will usually want to keep going if you let them rev wise, and thats where the losses in low end get made up for with avegance at the top end. bhp being just a function of torque and rpm after all.

keep the rpm going whilst its still pumping
my original power @ Stealth was also 80'C quickly on a std ibiza SMIC which is an abysmal SMIC on a st car let alone something fruity.

I would say the eliminator is going to be slightly slower to get going compared to a low inertia VF34 type unit, so let yours keep going longer and you will reap some more benefits of it being a bigger unit.

What boost is yours running?

21psi to red line. With a mbc it seems to come in a few 100 rpms quicker.

I'm convinced that the new fmic will flow allot better as the standard piping is crap and has lots of sharp bends. And with the cooler air who knows it may spool a bit quicker,

I'm also thinking water meth.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
a bit more boost than mine was originally running then. 17psi (1.2bar)
WI may help on temps sustain top end power if its getting a bit hot and bothered. (did'nt ever give me power but help sustain top end power when I ran it last-some time ago)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how much would your turbo have made running around 21+ psi?

I think it was +15-20bhp more...
torque was less @ 280lbft tho, but more sustained and in sooner, holding longer. there's more to the power delivery than just the headlines as we know.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how much would your turbo have made running around 21+ psi?

I think it was +15-20bhp more...
torque was less @ 280lbft tho, but more sustained and in sooner, holding longer. there's more to the power delivery than just the headlines as we know.

here's a comparison on Emeralds dyno (realistic figures IMHO) between low boost and high boost setting back when I was on VF34/P18 housing, Jabba mapping

emerald-dyno-small.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members