my leon cupra. 1st built not bought car.

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
Hey all figured seeing as I've been a member on here now for a while I would start a thread on my car (seat leon cupra 20vT AUQ) to show what I have done. I bought the car back in dec. 2012 as standard and a few minor problems which I knew how to solve but the dealer didnt so managed to knock down the price :) these being the common door seals leaking, looked like someone had gone over the bonnet with a scourer and a BOV was fitted and bringing up a fault code. Anyhow since then I have solved them problems and decided to start working on some upgrades. the spec so far is:

Cupra R:
  • ko4-23 turbo
  • inlet manifold
  • exhaust manifold
  • fuel rail and injectors
  • oil/water feed
  • cupra R exhaust
  • 3" TIP
  • 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
  • twin side mount intercoolers (was suppost to be a sleeper with standard cupra bumpers)

I then went on to the following:
  • custom remap at cc tuning
  • pillar pod glow shift boost gauge
  • black roof lining and A,B,C pillars and rear view mirror (still need black sun visors and centre light)
  • removed disc changer for extra storage
  • rear tinted windows
  • 6000k HID's
  • led sidelights
  • aero wiper blades
  • rear wiper blanked
  • fly-eye tinted rear lights and side repeaters
  • painted calipers red
  • debadged boot
  • genuine cupra r bumpers
  • oil catch can
  • n249, n112, EVAP, SAI bypassed
  • red vacuum hoses
  • wrc spoiler (personal preference not to everyone's taste, may remove)
  • rs4 replica alloys
  • 2x 10" vrx subs and after market cd player

future upgrades are on the cards want more power but internals need doing, handling and brakes. (big to do list)

and for those who ask: why didnt he just buy a cupra R, due to changing cars so much and changing policies when younger I missed out on a number of no claims as the provider wouldnt cover the new car therefore a cupra was cheaper to insure and a lot cheaper to buy.

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
yeah had mixed opinions about it, people that dont own a leon like it, people that do have a leon dont like it lol the boot is going to need a respray at some point so Il be getting another boot which will be when it gets taken off as its fixed with windscreen sealant. hoping to get a few things at TRAX this weekend

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
as much as I'd like brembo's I dont have the sort of cash they are selling for at the moment cars gone on hold as trying to get the misses on the road so we have another car then I can drive her cheap run about around while saving and upgrading the leon some more. dont get to put my foot down anyhow always have kids in the car, planning on doing some track days next year when the car is hopefully ready.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
If track days are in mind the first thing I'd look at is getting the ride height dropped, looks like it's on stilts currently (either that or the monkey is bench pressing it :p)

Last edited:

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
yeah I know its standard height although it handles quite well. I have spax adjustable kryptons but the front shocks are bent from a crash in old leon so waiting to get some new shocks for the front £160 each from spax without springs. also got uprated anti roll bar for depending on how low I want to go (only thinking of dropping 30mm though this time)

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
cheers :D its fly-eye tint, bought it off ebay for about £9 and did it myself and it didnt take long had enough left over to do my side repeaters too, if you plan on doing it I'd advise having a good hair dryer or heat gun to melt the glue properly so its sticks round the bends when you fold it over the edges.

will.i.am

Jul 7, 2012
stoke-on-trent
thanks, was gutted the car club stand was right out the way saw some other nice seats there too was a good day other than the weather didnt get to go everywhere though joys of taking kids with you that dont want to do anymore walking after a while lol highlight for me was seeing the track ready leon cupra in the pit bays

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.