My Mk2 Ibiza Restoration and VR6 Conversion (More parts prepped...)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah and i'll do it....i'll let you off if your dad takes me out in the T-Bucket :p haha kidding
more updates mate! :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Talk about a Cop-Out!
:p

hear hear :cartman:

says the man who's only managed to do the bottom half of a plenum manifold since november :redface: to be fair i have finished the hooge summerhouse/office/workshop/shed plans now though so roll on summer

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
hear hear :cartman:

says the man who's only managed to do the bottom half of a plenum manifold since november :redface: to be fair i have finished the hooge summerhouse/office/workshop/shed plans now though so roll on summer

yeah flapper, sort out the car mate :p
need more updates

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Continued...

Apologies for the 'cop out' everyone and the lack of progress, im ashamed of myself lol but as I said i havent been completely lazy through the shite winter months and do have a genuine reason why i'm stuck on my arse now and why the VR wont progress for a while.

Basically cutting that story short i was involved in a bad crash on the way home from Ultimate Dubs this year which resulted in me fracturing my wrist and ankle, braking my eye socket, jaw and cheekbone and shattering my collarbone (which was plated, then broke again and after being fcuked around by the hospital for a week finally got put right again today at last lol) I also lost a very prized possesion but dont want to go into detail till the insurance is sorted, as they're completely shafting me [:@]
Thankfully everyones alive so i'll get on with the good news and what i've been doing with the VR :D

Since the last update this is whats been done...

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

Stripped the engine even more (more than what is actually pictured lol), found a few more parts that need replacing etc. Completely de-rusted the block and gave it a few licks with some cheap vht spraypaint to stop it re-rusting badly but this will be brush painted with some POR15 heat proof paint before re-fitting any parts etc.

DSC00622.jpg

Cleaned up the box ready for paint...

DSC00623.jpg

After a few licks of some of the same vht spraypaint i done the engine in but silver obviusly, turned out to be crap as it was oxidising through it so again this will be brush painted in some POR15 or some silver hammerite to seal it properly.

DSC00590.jpg

Hubs, droplinks, trackrod ends etc done in red oxide first...

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

Finished in nice shiney gloss black along with some other bits, new bearings pressed in hub carriers. Awaiting new ABS rings and sensors before building the hubs up and then they're ready to be fitted.

DSC00592.jpg

LCR bushes pressed in the wishbones, ready to be fitted to the subframe.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah dan, sorry to hear that mate, hope you get better soon mate!
hope everyone else was ok! my sister just had an accident where a van driver slammed into the back of her car on the motorway, and she had to get cut out!
scary thing man!

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
And finally a couple of godies that i've bought while i've been cabadged to cheer me up :p lol

DSC00166.jpg

BBS RZ's that im going to do something a little unique and different to :)

DSC00154.jpg

Stainless 6 branch :D just enquired with a company to get this ceramic coated awaiting on a reply, if not i'll just vht coat and heatwrap it.

Still got a few more parts to get mainly for the engine and braking components then its a case of slapping it all together and getting the car setup on the new subframes but its basically all there now :D

I'll update more as and when anything new comes up or when im better and get round to doing anything lol

Thanks for any interest and comments,
Dan!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sheeet 'Dan that's a bit of a smack about my man - hope it all sorts out for ya

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Thanks for the replies lads, im just glad im still here and that I wasnt in this baby lol after all the work im putting into it :D

Gutted that im cant do anything else to it though especially as the weathers just picked up :cry: typical lol

Forgot to mention in the above posts, I acquired my interior late last year :p tiger stripe half leathers (to keep with the red and black look) along with everything else like all the plastics, another dash, steering wheel, more clocks, red belts :D the whole lot for a bargain price so im glad I waited for the right chance for that. Great chance to either get one set of door cards, dash and plastics etc flocked or have a go myself and try different looks in the car!

Also bought a set of rear pop out windows just for how they look when theyre out lol make it look really agressive from the back I think!
Along with another set of mint gti lights. Got about 5 sets of lights in total now so im going to do something different to each set and try a few different looks on the car lol ;) (got some rally and touring car inspired ideas lol)

Finally got a 2nd hand set of Bilstein PSS9 coilovers (another bargain) that i was in the middle of un-seizing, which is a barstard to do lol so im keeping my eye out for another set at the moment, but atleast i can get it running and slammed on these till i can afford a new quality set up!
I think i've got that many spares that i could give it a different look for everyday of the week lol :D good news! (sorry about the lack of pictures of this stuff its all hidden away at the moment)

Thats about everything that i can report on for now, just need to relax and heal then pull my finger out and get this together :D really cannot wait lol

Thanks again, Dan.

Gibbo189

Yes dan loving the thread mate, cant wait to see this beast on the road

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Looks a good little thread going on here and sorry to hear about the accident.

See from the pics above that the stainless manifold looks like a raceland one if I'm not mistaken....??
Not a bad manifold but do make sure you have a good set of uprated engine mounts fitted as had one of these on my VR and found it was prone to cracking without this. Even Raceland put their hand s up to it in the end.
Sure you would have done that anyway just thought it wouldn't hurt adding it. :)

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Thanks again for the comments people :) I agree Craig if it looks anything like the way it looks in my head it should look amazing lol abit different from the norm aswell.

As for the manifold I think it is a Raceland one and i've read up on all the threads regarding them cracking due to engine vibration and heat wrapping weakening them etc but as I cant really afford solid mounts right now, i'll get a flexy pipe made up with a flange either end that will fit between the manifold and decat and that should reduce any chances of it cracking hopefully!

Presha

six on the brain
Sep 17, 2007
Birmingham
Random Stuff..

Not alot been going on recently but i'm out my casts and slings and what not so i've done some bits! Mainly tidying up the shite i dont need and putting it up for sale (check the sig lol) to clear space to do the work etc.
Heres what i have done though...

DSC00176.jpg

Bought some braided fuel line and the longer stainless bolts to bolt up my rear stub axle spacers. Also some grommets to fill the holes in my floor after its welded up! Got another set of front fogs just incase and the rear headrests to complete my tiger stripe interior aswel and a few more goodies (no pics though)!

DSC00215.jpg

Found abit more rust in here of all places lol but isnt as bad to fix as i first thought...just got to remove the filler pipe and hope i dont set myself on wire while welding it lol

DSC00227.jpg

Whilst checking the fuel cap situation and cleaning out the arch liners i banged these on cause i was bored! Wont be using them though as they wont fit after the 5stud conversion! Sorry about the shite pics aswel lol

Finally was having trouble finding a boss for my audi quattro sport steering wheel so as i had a bent momo one i thought i'd make one :p lol
DSC00175.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

Here it is fitted...looks abit crap without the rest of the interior in though lol :rolleyes:
DSC00226.jpg

Also been making some custom door pocket speaker grilles but theyre unfinished at the mo but will post if they look ok when theyre done!

Hopefully the floor should be welded up in the next week or so then the carpet and most the new interior can go in, all bar the dash as the looms have got to be changed.

Just waiting on new front discs, pads all round, abs sensors and rings all round then all the chassis gear is there to change in one go as i've got to keep the shell rolling!

Will keep you posted though.

Thanks for looking.
Dan!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.