n249 by passVACUUM HOSE

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
does anyone no what size silcon hose i need to buy to do a n249 by pass ???

is 3mm ok 0r 4mm or 6mm help please

does anyone have a

( before and after photo of the mod???:)

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
id use 3mm id silicone hose, easy to do. dont bother reading all that.

2 vac outlets under the inlet manifold, take one straight to the Fuel pressure reg, and the other straight to the top of the dump valve. easy.... leave the multi plug pluged into the n249 valve. if you want to add a gauge, you just T peice into the fuel pressure reg hose. if you use anything larger than a 3mm it may not seal as good onto the fuel pressure reg and manifold outlets as good as 3mm will. and 3 mm should be ok, just use a cable tie to keep them on there or if you are doing any work on car and tug the hose it might come off easy.

remove the black resevoir box, all the rest of the hoses which loop back onto the valve and resevoir, just so your left with the valve, leave it pluged in to the multi plug no need to blank anything off or leave any pipes attatched, remove the lot. just leave the valve plugged in, shouldnt have a problem then.

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
You dont need to replace the piping to do the mod, you can use the original pipes.

I just kept it all standard and used a hose joiner, the original pipes have different ID's so I bought a 6mm-4mm reducer hose joiner, click to see ;)

Pics can be provided if needed.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
If you are thinking of doing this with a DV relocation kit there is 5mm hose included and enough to do fine, i just put a cable tie round it on the underside of the inlet manifold.
If you want to do the FPR line at the same time you will need a length of 4mm pipe for it

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I maybe wrong but i thought it was ECU control if overboosting or similar occours then vac resovoir has enough negative pressure to open the DV and release pressure.
I am sure someone with more knowledge can explain it more accurately

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
dont need to put resistor on. just leave it plugged in. remove the vacuum resevoir completly. no need for it. leave the bracket in place where the coil packs are and just leave the n249 valve on. doesnt throw any fault codes at all. only need to resistor it when you actualy remove the n249. but may aswel leave it pluged in as you cant see it anyway when its under the cover.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
dont need to put resistor on. just leave it plugged in. remove the vacuum resevoir completly. no need for it. leave the bracket in place where the coil packs are and just leave the n249 valve on. doesnt throw any fault codes at all. only need to resistor it when you actualy remove the n249. but may aswel leave it pluged in as you cant see it anyway when its under the cover.

ahh thanks allot mate i haven't removed my vac resi yet but i will tomorrow what happens to the pipe from the vac res do i follow it back and remove or do i leave it alone :confused:

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
remove it all... all u need is two vac hoses from the 2 outlets under manifold. one to the fuel pressure reg. one to the top of dump valve. easy as that, get rid of all the rest of the complicating confusing vac lines and stuff. just leave n249 plugged in. simplee.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
remove it all... all u need is two vac hoses from the 2 outlets under manifold. one to the fuel pressure reg. one to the top of dump valve. easy as that, get rid of all the rest of the complicating confusing vac lines and stuff. just leave n249 plugged in. simplee.

ive done all that mate just got the vac resi left so ill just remove the it and the pipe leading to it job done :D

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
right thanks for your hints and tips, done the mod today and very happy took 10mins and was well worth it.
my lcr use to boost to 20 psi then drop of to 16psi if i was lucky it would hold 18psi... still very fast after remap... but now i have done the n429 by pass she hits 18 psi and stays there right threw the rev range.. car feels so much better. so before doing the mod the lcr used to over boost 20 to 21 psi and drop off.. all i can say is do this mod.

i copped the photo of the engine bay in a n429 thread with a red vaccume hose im happy .

any other quick mods???

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Image048-1.jpg

Just done it should look like this.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.