Need Help in understanding Diagnostics Printouts. Non Vagcom.

kbrad44

I had to send my car into a garage the other day due to another Clutch master cylinder going. Whilst there I asked them if they could run an engine diagnostics as my car was running a little erratic.

They told me there was not anything really wrong or to worry about and give me two small printouts the size of till receipts.

The first has:
x431 DIAG Report
SMARTBOX: 980247xxxxxx

Total codes 001
16490 p0106 Manifold sporadic:
absolute
Pressure
Barometric
pressure
circuit-G71/-
F96:range
Performance

and the second has:
x431 DIAG Report
SMARTBOX: 980247xxxxxx

Total codes 001
CODE001:
00931 Locking unit sporadic:
for CL rr-F223
Implausib
le signal

Does anyone even have a clue what these mean and if they are really anything to worry about?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The first one is pretty serious and needs looking into...

16490/P0106/000262 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): Implausible Signal
Possible Symptoms

* Erratic Idle

Possible Causes

* Wiring and/or Connections from/to Manifold/Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71)/(F96) faulty
* Leak in Air Intake and/or Exhaust
* Manifold/Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71)/(F96) faulty
* Engine Control Module faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check Engine Control Module Software Version
o See Special Notes for Details
* Check Timing
o See Special Notes for Details
* Check Wiring and/or Connections from/to Manifold/Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71)/(F96)
* Check for Leak in Air Intake and/or Exhaust
* Check/Replace Manifold/Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71)/(F96)
* Check/Replace Engine Controle Module

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)
Possible Solutions

* Check Door Contact Switch (F11)
* Check Central Locking Module Rear Left (F223)
* Check Central Locking Motor (V97) with Actuator (Lock) Rear Right (F134)
* Check Central Locking Motor (V164) with Actuator (Safe) Rear Right (F246)
* Check Child Safety Motor Rear Right (V143)

00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223): Implausible Signal
Possible Symptoms

* Door Locks not working properly

Possible Causes

* Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223) faulty
* Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223) faulty
* Door Lock Mechanics are stiff/partially seized
* Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223) faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)
* Check Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)
* Check Door Lock Mechanics/Operation
* Check Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)

00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223): Incorrectly Equipped
Possible Symptoms

* Door Locks not working properly

Possible Causes

* Incorrect Door Lock installed

Possible Solutions

* Check Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)
o Check Door Lock Part Number

kbrad44

Thanks for the prompt replies guys. DPJ I am not sure if the fix would be possible by myself as I am still learning the engine components. Will look in my Golf haynes manual tonight to see how easy it will be to locate and possibly change the Manifold/Barometric Pressure Sensor which looks like a prime target. Could this also possibly be the reason my MPG figures suck? Getting 25mpg taking it real easy.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Your MAP sensor reads boost pressure and is located in the top of your intecooler. It's a vital sensor and the system struggles if it's faulty. You need to look for bad connections / faulty wiring to it for a start.

kbrad44

ok, so lets see if I have got this right?

the Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): is actually the Map Sensor and is located in the front left of the engine bay on top of what I think is the intercooler. It is obstructed by the water bottle/intake pipe giving very little access.

Please can someone confirm if this is correct before I remove the water bottle and what appears to be some sort of emissions unit next to the water bottle for access?

Yes that is right. I am a fat handed tw*t!! :p

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
ok, so lets see if I have got this right?

the Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): is actually the Map Sensor and is located in the front left of the engine bay on top of what I think is the intercooler. It is obstructed by the water bottle/intake pipe giving very little access.

Please can someone confirm if this is correct before I remove the water bottle and what appears to be some sort of emissions unit next to the water bottle for access?

Yes that is right. I am a fat handed tw*t!! :p

Correct.

kbrad44

Ok, finally managed to get to the Map Sensor wiring and checked all connections. Car was running pretty good after and I thought I had cleared the problem. Unfortunately today it was running pretty bad again. Power pulling back at low revs then kicking in hard once the revs were up. so I have just ordered a new map sensor from a dealer which will be with me this thursday. It's costing me £75 so I hope it fixes it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise