New Alhambra Delivery Delays

Collegeranger

Hi all

Has anyone else ordered a new Alhambra recently and faced horrendous delays.

Let me begin.

We ordered a Alhambra SE Lux 170 DSG in Silver with park assist and child booster in April. To get the discount I wanted I put a 5K deposit on it. Was told 12 weeks but could be shorter. Committed to selling existing VW Sharan by end of August. Told by dealer at the end of July that the build date had slipped to the 10th October and they likelyhood of it appearing at the dealer was I could take delivery in mid November!!

I got the dreaded call last week to be told the build date has slipped again and the "provisional" - not confirmed date is now week 2 - 2012. So again now mid-Feb 2012 at the earliest.

The VW has gone as I could not let the person down buying it. I have now bought a 5 year old Ibiza auto to tide us over but with 3 kids its small!!

Anyone else got a similar story?

mitty49

Hi
We took delivery of a 140 dsg lux 2 weeks ago with 2 child seats. Ordered it end of March to get discount.

Unfortunately we're still waiting for the camera module. It's there, just not hooked up due to missing module (Japanese part) Got £200 dealer vouchers in compensation.

Anyhows the car has been worth the wait and you won't be disappointed esp with a family to transport.

Mitul

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Collegeranger

Hurrah! Alhambra SE 170 Lux arrived in the country just before Xmas so delayed registering till Jan 2012 - 800 miles later absolutely delighted. Auto parking is very cool - SatNav best I have used as a factory fit and best of all its quick!! (for an MPV) and rides much like a car!! Just got to sell Ibiza now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise