New alloys/wheel nut advice

K.Irl

Oct 9, 2009
I have just bought a set of 18" RS4 reps for the leon. Will i need new wheel nuts or will they just swap straight over?

sorry if its a stupid question...

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have just bought a set of 18" RS4 reps for the leon. Will i need new wheel nuts or will they just swap straight over?

sorry if its a stupid question...

did you not get locking wheel nuts as part of the deal? would have given you an idea if originals would fit.

depends on the alloys to be honest and as they are replicas then anything is possible. Genrally oem nuts are fine with oem alloys, however when you go aftermarket then the usually you need to swap them they should really come with the wheels if needed. I know when I swap mine next year the original bolts won't be of any use :)

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
There are two common types of wheel bolts. The first is tapered and the second is radiused. These words describe the base of the bolt head where it meets the threaded shank of the bolt. The word tapered is fairly self explanatory. The standard wheel bolt on the Leon is the radiused type. Have a look at a standard wheel bolt and you will see that the base of the bolt head is rounded (radiused) as opposed to tapered. If you have a look into the holes on the wheel where the bolts go it should be obvious which type you require.

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
I have a set of RS4 reps on my Leon. I did need a new set of wheel bolts to fit them. I have to carry five of the orginal wheel bolts for spare wheel in case I get a puncture.