Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
CUPRA Media release follows

The CUPRA Born is the first all-electric model from the brand and the perfect match between electrification and performance.

CUPRA takes this impulse further with the CUPRA Born VZ – the latest addition to the vehicle line-up from CUPRA – a new and more powerful version to inspire the world from Barcelona.

An acronym for the Spanish word ‘veloz’,- which translated into English means ‘fast’ – the VZ name is a seamless way to describe the brand’s latest vehicle. The CUPRA Born VZ delivers 240kW of power and 545Nm of torque, applied to the road through its improved suspension setting geometry, sports-tuned steering, and improved braking feel. These aspects combine to give it the...

Continue reading...

Reactions: C_ED_99

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
New sportier CUPRA Born before the facelift is due. What do you think?

This is the first time I read a manufacturer's introductory text for an electric car, without losing interest, from start to end.
Maybe it's just because it is a SEAT/Cupra but I think I liked it a lot.
Not that I would go and buy one immediately but it made me start to think about having an electric car.
Nice work, Cupra.

Reactions: Syphon

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Still won't be buying one, my 2014 Leon Cupra was quoted at 5.7 for 0-60, so hardly superfast like the MG 4 XPower that does 3.7 and costs a lot less too.
Just RWD - vs the MG which is dual motor AWD.
Still for 320hp -doesn't seem that quick!

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
If EVs were the norm, and someone just invented the ICE that can do hundreds of miles on a single fill-up, which takes a couple of mins (if that), wouldn’t we be impressed with ICEs? ICE emissions aren’t really that bad these days. They’re pretty refined.
I am all behind electric motors for propulsion - their torque output matches a car's requirement much better than an ICE - and lets be honest, most people like the low RPM torque from diesel engines - which an electric motor more than matches.
Different argument for enthusiasts with turbo's and screaming NA's.

BEV have their problems (nothing is perfect) - but for me not being beholden to OPEC and the Saudi's is a big drawn to switch to BEV!

Trouble with BEV is the energy storage! not sure this will be fixed any time soon because 'physics' :ROFLMAO:

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
That was my thoughts :ROFLMAO:

575Nm of torque and RWD 'should' be fun - as long as you can fully turn off traction control!

2 tonnes though! rather than doing 🍩🍩🍩 it has been eating 🍩🍩🍩 :ROFLMAO:
🤔

Perhaps a diet program is in order...

Throw out the heavy batteries and the electric motor too,

Drop in an 888 ice unit with a suitable 'box and a add a smallish fuel tank (even lighter when nearly empty).

Should save a few lbs and a few £££s too 😁👍😎

Reactions: Seastormer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members