new Cupra TDi owner :)

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
so most of you know me for my boc/both mk3s or my mk2. (ive still got the Boc)
but ive just bought an 04 plate Cupra Tdi, (my daily **** the bed in fantastic fashion and ive always wanted a mk4 Cupra Tdi)

any mods that neeeed to be done right away?
its currently got a Miltek full system and some Jom coilovers(binning them and getting something nicer soonish)

Cheers guys

15541176_1728008284086345_2567199185552997996_n.jpg

better pics soon!

Prelim list:
Service
new coilovers- H&R/Ap/KW
tracking.
new Steering wheel.
spacers
get rid of mudflaps
re wiper delete.
Headunit with USB/BT/DAB!?
Short shift+shift bush upgrade
New Battery
Hids/Leds
Front wipers!
Rear ARB
honeycomb front grills
custom map.

that should keep me busy for a few months! haha

Last edited:

Lowe

Jan 8, 2012
Newcastle Under Lyme
Wouldn't worry about modding it too much really. Unless you've got brand new headlights the HIDs/LED's aren't that useful and tbh they end up burning out quickly in my experience - it's not that simple a job to change headlights in the Cupra TDI either, so I'd be inclined to stick with halogen. Basic remap is and RARB is plenty. The rear ARB transforms the handling. Medium works best I find on the Cupra, nicely balanced without being silly kicking the rear every time you come off the throttle mid corner.

Last edited:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Wouldn't worry about modding it too much really. Unless you've got brand new headlights the HIDs/LED's aren't that useful and tbh they end up burning out quickly in my experience - it's not that simple a job to change headlights in the Cupra TDI either, so I'd be inclined to stick with halogen. Basic remap is and RARB is plenty. The rear ARB transforms the handling. Medium works best I find on the Cupra, nicely balanced without being silly kicking the rear every time you come off the throttle mid corner.

cheers bud :)

what oils recomended??

rsshawn

Apr 29, 2010
cheers bud :)

what oils recomended??

I have always got mine direct from Seat. It's on offer (well it was two weeks back) and it's what's recommended at a price around the same as elsewhere for branded oil (even branded oil from places like GSF / Eurocarparts / local motor factors).
Previous owners have used OE, so makes sense to me if you're keeping it a long time.

Welcome to TDi ownership :D

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I have always got mine direct from Seat. It's on offer (well it was two weeks back) and it's what's recommended at a price around the same as elsewhere for branded oil (even branded oil from places like GSF / Eurocarparts / local motor factors).
Previous owners have used OE, so makes sense to me if you're keeping it a long time.

Welcome to TDi ownership :D

TPS, Quantum Platinum 5w40 fully synth, 15quid for 5L beats the bocs 5w40 millers nanodrive CFS £50 for 5L!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members