New K03s Hybrid fitted-back up and running :)

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Well first things first....its fitted :D

But what i nightmare we've ( Jim and Me ) had, was easy to take the existing mani and turbo off, then came the annoying bit! :censored: should off put out a swear box! lol. first off we had grind the turbo housing as there was an extra fitting point then had to grind a bit off the ATP mani to make a flush fit, we started to bolt the turbo in-fixed braket, 1 oil line and 1 water line then we hit a problem.....there was an extra fixing point on the turbo housing that was stoping us to fit the top oil line :cry: sooo....turbo back out again, then once it was all sorted we fitted the turbo back in and fixed all the lines. yey getting somewhere. next was the mani ( im an idiot as i read on here to do something before you bolt the mani to the head ...put the bolt in the mani else you wont get it in when fixed ) D'oh... :doh: so after mauling our arses off getting all bolts screwed on the mani we had take them back off again [:@]

Well all i can say now is that it is all fitted :D , just waiting for my new tip to arrive to fit that then off to have its VR6/G60 setup and CC-3

Thanks for reading

And thanks to Jim aka Jimski :) <----- His idea to do this ourselves cause i was going take it the garage...

Last edited:

ian_cupra

ooo, when you getting it mapped mate?? mines in on friday :)

get yourself down to the RR day in nov

jamiebennett81

ah well if its Jimski...what do you expect lol ;) bloody cowboy central he he

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I would have taken the engine out to do it, not much work and saves all the cuts and bruises.

Hope the mapping and everything else goes well. :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
very nice mate. Good that you did it yourself. Will feel that much better when you run it. Plus you have an idea where everything goes, and what to look for should ( i hope not for you) anything go wrong.

Post pics!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Nice :D

Very interested to see the results as this will be the exact same setup ill be going for if i dont end up selling up.

james_666

Aug 23, 2008
so much better when you do it yourself aint it i did this on my punto gt i had and great sense of achievement i had you wait till you drive it with a big grin on your face

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Cheers for all ya comments guys, its going in on sunday to have clutch flywheel and cc phase 3.. :D

During the progress i didnt take many pics but had a few but they arnt the best...

here's the turbo........
t3.jpg

t11.jpg

Turbo installed with mani
install2.jpg

some problems we hit.... the extra fixing point that wouldnt allow the turbo to fit right ( tried to hackenschmitten it off but decided to take it back out and get the grinder on it )

install1edit-1.jpg

The 2 point we ended up grinding off...
install11editagain.jpg

T.I.P now installed...
install21.jpg

and me extra's ... new filter to replace me old little f00ker
filter.jpg

And made an undertray to stop things shooting up at the filter
filter2.jpg

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
injectors & coilpacks

turn over for 30 seconds, wait 30 seconds & repeat 4 times (checking the oil level before actually starting it)

Cheers m0rk,

Do i just pull out the electrical connection for the injectors or the whole injector itself?

and how/where do i check the oil level before starting..? sorry for the questions its me 1st time and dont want mess anything up :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yup, just unclip them electrically.

check the oil in the usual place (dipstick) [that wasn't an insult!]

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
matner looks like a job well done i want to go down the same route as you have chosen cant wait to see the rr print out's see what you get ! You hoping for a certain bhp ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise