New Member Introduction

louismex

Hello my name is Louis I'm from Mexico and I drive a 2010 Seat Ibiza Blitz for what I been reading in the seat uk website this variation of ibiza isnt available in Europe . Some standard features of this variation are the following ones :
- 2.0 L 8V engine producing 115 hp and 170 lbs-tq
- 5 speed manual tranny
- Manual Air Conditioner
- Front Electrical Windows
- Panoramic Roof
- 15 inches rims
- AM/FM CD MP3/ Aux In Radio with 4 speakers / 2 tweeters
- Steering Wheel Controls

Among other features ...

I have this car since October 17 of 2009 and I couldnt be happier with him , everyday I received a good comment from my friends and even people who I don't know . The speedometer is currently around 13,200 km and the max speed achieved in him is 180 km / h , which isn´t the max speed of the car but i havnt had the guts to taking it further. Normal driving happens always in the highway because my university is a few kilometers out of my city ; By the way the color of my car is Chrono yellow which I love it

Nickname : Bumblebee hahah

Mods :
Paint : I painted this parts because they were plastic black , the job was done in the dealer

* Sidemirros ( Brillant Black )
* Exterior Door Handles ( Body Colour )
* Pillar located between Lateral Windows ( Brillant Black )
Interior
- LED Interior Light
- Aluminium Door Handles ( SEAT Accessory )

Exterior :
- European license plate format . We have a really disgusting license plate shape in our country which doesnt match the style of this car .
- Window Tint
- PIAA H4 Intense White Bubls ( 4100k produce white light )
- LED sidelights
- Front Fog Lamps ( OEM ) . This mod needed electrical work and new covers in order to be install.
- LED license plate light
- Stickers :
* Front window : Seat slogan " Autoemocíon "
* Back Window : Rolling Stones Tongue " No security " ( Black and Yellow )

Future mods in mind :
- Aluminuim pedals ( Sparco )
- Aluminuim Handbrake and the section that surrounds the shifter ( SEAT Accessory )

And that's about everything . Everyday I read this site and founded it very useful ; Pictures of the car are coming this week so you guys can see what I'm talking about !!

Hope everyone is doing well:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Welcome mate and sounds nice. 2 litre lump in the bay is good, much better tuining potential than the little baby engines the Europeans force us to make hehehehhehehe. You need 15 posts before you can put pictures so get posting mate hehehehe

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Welcome :)

Sounds like you've done a good number of mods already. You'll have to show you're mexican style license plate to show us how ugly they are lol.

Aug 25, 2010
sounds nice carnt wait to see the pictures. in a fan of Mexico has to be my favorite country in the world to visit

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
used to do the 2.0 8v lump in the MK4 ibiza over here. they also used the same engine in the MK4 golf GTI
115hp in a golf GTI... a stage one map would see around 130hp... stage two at around 140hp

checked out the mexican seat website seems you cant get the FR or Cupra :(
that said they do offer the Bocenegra, with a 150hp engine and 5 doors only!
anyway i digress
welcome to the site my friend be sure to get some pics up, especialy some of the engine bay :)

altinnovation

Feb 7, 2011
ibizabiziaa.jpg

That is one nice car! I def would have ordered the 5 door version if it looked like that!

louismex

Hi all ,

Thanks for the replies you've been posting .

JC Boc : I'm thinking about some performance upgrades but they will minor things like
a perfomance air filter or a performance exhaust ; Maybe modifying the ecu in the future but I'm not so sure because there's not a proper place where I can get this job done , nearest place from my city is about 400 km away and that would be Arizona , USA.

Char baby : Our plates dimensions are the following ones :
300mm * 150 mm
And with a ridiculous design showing a ram ( animal ) above some rocks simulating a mountain , so go figure .

When I get the ability to post pictures I will show you my actual plates as a matter of comparision.

Octane : Unfortunately we dont get Cupra' nor FR's but we do have Bocanegra and they're actually 3 doors , it seems you didnt search well mate :) . I'm amaze how common are bocs in the UK , in my city there's not even one , people with that kind of money buy cars like a mazda 3 or nissan altima which inst the same category of the boc but the asking price is the same one.

Nightflight : I wasnt concern about the dimensions (slightly different ) again when I get the ability of posting my own pictures you wil be able to see if dimensions are significantly different .

louismex

The main pic shows 3 door but the configurator thing shows 5. The back bumper is totally different too!

That's probably the reason why octane and me differ but actually they're 3 doors I dont why the configurator shows a 5 doors model , I can tell you this because like 1 month ago the dealers was displaying an example of this model . The back bumper is totally different because yesterday I discover the mexican market inst actually getting a Boc , it just an Fr with a Boc kit that explains why it have an 1.4 150 hp engine

jamie paul

hi im lookin for a air flow mass sensor for my seat ibiza cupra gti 8 v can someone tell me if one of a golf gti 8v would be the same? Im new on this so havent got a clue lol.