New member - Seat Leon st 2020 & Cupra Born

Frostybear

Nov 7, 2023
Ireland
Hi SeatCupra members,

I'm the new owner of a 2020 Seat Leon mk3.5 1.6l 115hp ST, loving it so far excellent car!

I bought it from some less than caring owners (car was filthy)...but because of that I got a great deal!! After a good wash inside and out it's looking great and car has zero other issues.

I have a few plans for the car.
Rear windows tinted - done!
17" alloys to 18" alloys - bought Veemann VFS25 alloys but not fitted yet. I fitted one for a few minutes just to make sure they fit haha
Eibach lowering springs pro kit - bought but not fitted yet
Stage 1 remap - not done
Full service - not done yet
Dechrome grill and badges - not done yet (shame that the roof rails are silver...might eventually plastidip them but maybe won't bother)
Couple of other very small mods inside and out

I will probably create a thread to track all of the above, so members can see my progress. I've taken inspiration from a few threads myself already :)

I also own a cupra born 58kwh in aurora blue for the last year. Beautiful paint & great car really like it. I hate the infotainment system though.
Born has issue with rear parking sensors not working so it's going in to the dealer tomorrow for some diagnosis.

Attachments

• 2023-11-18-09-59-39-391.jpg
    2023-11-18-09-59-39-391.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 36

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi SeatCupra members,

I'm the new owner of a 2020 Seat Leon mk3.5 1.6l 115hp ST, loving it so far excellent car!

I bought it from some less than caring owners (car was filthy)...but because of that I got a great deal!! After a good wash inside and out it's looking great and car has zero other issues.

I have a few plans for the car.
Rear windows tinted - done!
17" alloys to 18" alloys - bought Veemann VFS25 alloys but not fitted yet. I fitted one for a few minutes just to make sure they fit haha
Eibach lowering springs pro kit - bought but not fitted yet
Stage 1 remap - not done
Full service - not done yet
Dechrome grill and badges - not done yet (shame that the roof rails are silver...might eventually plastidip them but maybe won't bother)
Couple of other very small mods inside and out

I will probably create a thread to track all of the above, so members can see my progress. I've taken inspiration from a few threads myself already :)

I also own a cupra born 58kwh in aurora blue for the last year. Beautiful paint & great car really like it. I hate the infotainment system though.
Born has issue with rear parking sensors not working so it's going in to the dealer tomorrow for some diagnosis.
Welcome to SCN, sounds like the Leon will be a bit of a quick one once you do all the mods. I looked at the Born but coming from a Mk3 Leon Cupra 280, I was surprised that it was slower than my previous Biza's never mind the 280, so I went for the CUPRA Leon 300 which is well quicker.

Frostybear

Nov 7, 2023
Ireland
Welcome to SCN, sounds like the Leon will be a bit of a quick one once you do all the mods. I looked at the Born but coming from a Mk3 Leon Cupra 280, I was surprised that it was slower than my previous Biza's never mind the 280, so I went for the CUPRA Leon 300 which is well quicker.
The only performance mod planned is really the stage 1 remap, should bring it up to 140-150hp, so should be nice but not exactly quick compared to a cupra 280!! My previous car was a 89hp 2006 Toyota corolla 1.4l diesel before this so it will be plenty quick for me haha! I did love that car but it has to be retired.

For me the born is great, it has comfortable suspension, although it still feels planted around corners. The instant torque and acceleration is such a pleasure...but at the same time I don't want to drive fast because it's so quiet. Plus I get to charge it for free in work! But yeah the born is really an VW ID3 with a cupra face...so not exactly a performance car.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The only performance mod planned is really the stage 1 remap, should bring it up to 140-150hp, so should be nice but not exactly quick compared to a cupra 280!! My previous car was a 89hp 2006 Toyota corolla 1.4l diesel before this so it will be plenty quick for me haha! I did love that car but it has to be retired.

For me the born is great, it has comfortable suspension, although it still feels planted around corners. The instant torque and acceleration is such a pleasure...but at the same time I don't want to drive fast because it's so quiet. Plus I get to charge it for free in work! But yeah the born is really an VW ID3 with a cupra face...so not exactly a performance car.
Free charging can't be bad though, enjoy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.