New member to the forum

Jul 22, 2023
Hello all new to the forum and I’ve already used the search bar to try and research this subject but didn’t find much information..

I’m looking information on engine swapping my current seat Ibiza 6j 2.0 tdi FR to a petrol 2.0 tsi engine probably like a CDL engine from a mk2 Leon cupra r or s3 etc.

Does anyone know any companies uk based that carry out this sort of work or could point me in the right direction?

And yes I know what the majority are thinking just buy a faster car or start with a Leon cupra etc, but that’s not what I’m interested in doing (I have always loved the shape of a preface lift 6j Ibiza, I’ve owned 2 of them now with my current one being 187,000 miles on it I’m just super bored of the diesel engines now)

im just purely interested in engine swapping my current car that’s all

so I know it’s a bit random but if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great

thanks Dillon

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hello all new to the forum and I’ve already used the search bar to try and research this subject but didn’t find much information..

I’m looking information on engine swapping my current seat Ibiza 6j 2.0 tdi FR to a petrol 2.0 tsi engine probably like a CDL engine from a mk2 Leon cupra r or s3 etc.

Does anyone know any companies uk based that carry out this sort of work or could point me in the right direction?

And yes I know what the majority are thinking just buy a faster car or start with a Leon cupra etc, but that’s not what I’m interested in doing (I have always loved the shape of a preface lift 6j Ibiza, I’ve owned 2 of them now with my current one being 187,000 miles on it I’m just super bored of the diesel engines now)

im just purely interested in engine swapping my current car that’s all

so I know it’s a bit random but if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great

thanks Dillon
Welcome, there used to be a company in Cumbria but I can’t for the life of me think of the name, quick search doesn’t throw any clues either. To be fair if you have deep enough pockets then someone may do it. Engine, ECU, loom, exhaust, ignition module and some others would need changed out. I’d drop a few emails to various garages for a labour quote to start with.