New Owner in Coventry

Luke_88

Nov 26, 2014
Coventry
Hi All,

New owner of a 2003 Cupra 1.8 turbo.
The power is awesome- much more than anything I've owned before.
Was great fun in the summer, but now its winter, I've got that dreaded water leak issue and no time to fix it.

I found the forum because I was searching for solutions.
Solutions were to take apart the door and remove door card, use some silicon sealant and put back together. Oh and pollen filter, great directions from Andy

If it is wet just in the passengers footwell then the leak could be due to a poorly fitted pollen filter or cover.

However the majority of leaks are through a foam seal around the ancillaries carrier – this is the removable internal metal panel on the door that the speaker and window regulator are attached to.

If anyone in the Midlands knows a garage that'll give a go at fixing or has some spare time to make some cash, let me know :)

Thanks,
Luke

Luke_88

Nov 26, 2014
Coventry
Another solution write-up

Found another great method and write-up for sealing the doors.

Leaky doors? Welcome to the club. There are two ways of tackling the problem, one is bodging it and the other is doing it properly which only takes a little longer. Here's how to do it properly. Overall the job is very easy and will take maybe 1/2 an hour per door, less time once you know how it's done.

Anyone in or near Coventry who has done one of these methods and fancies giving it a second go?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise