new photos with digital SLR :)

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
Just been out for a play with my mates new digital SLR camera, still getting to grips with the various lenses etc but progress is good!

post up with your thoughts!

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
they were using a tripod, like i said hes still getting to grips with it, bear in mind it was absolutely completely pitch black, the camera had no light to work with at all except for the top pic from the building lighting, you couldnt see the car at all, they were taken with a 35 second exposure!!!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
digital SKR's rule, amazingg results can be achieved if you know what you are doing.

I am gonna do an insurance job ( why else d ou think i paid £96 for 3 years accidental insurance cover through jessops) soon on my canon 20d so i can upgrade to the 30d, or i may just hang on till next year for the much rumoured 40d with 12 mp and 6fps continuous shutter.......

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
they were using a tripod, like i said hes still getting to grips with it, bear in mind it was absolutely completely pitch black, the camera had no light to work with at all except for the top pic from the building lighting, you couldnt see the car at all, they were taken with a 35 second exposure!!!

Buy a better tripod then :lol:

I've had 4 minute exposures before ( film days when I was a bit of a photographer ) and they came out pin sharp.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
lol a tripods a tripod right? lol seriously though like i said getting used to it, expect more soon!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Na mate tripods vary in how sturdy they are. A good one will give you a rock solid platform.

Another thing to try ( and not knowing which camera it is I can only assume it has this feature ) is to use the mirror lock up feature and a remote. First get the camera focused ( then switch to manual so it doesn't move ) and conpose the frame. Then lock up the mirror ( as this moving creates shake ) and then use a remote to trigger the exposure. That way nothing is going to start the camera moving while the picture is being taken. ;)

Pete

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.