New Silicone TIP, New cambelt, tensioner and waterpump..... new problem :(

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
hi all,

right i had the car fitted with a new cambelt, tensioner and waterpump yesterday, i also got them to fit a new Demon silicone TIP. I picked the car up and thought the TIP was causing me more lag and really didnt do much at all. The boost didnt seem to push you back in the seat like it used to. Bummer is i havnt installed a boost gauge yet so i cant tell whether there has been boost drop for deffinate but im sure there has.

Tonight i plugged in my fault code reader and no codes have come up, bare in mind ive driven it atleast 60 miles since the stuff was changed yesterday. Looking at the TIP i was concerned about the DV pipe to the charge pipe was run underneath the bracket holder on the charge pipe, alongside the N75 pipe to the charge pipe. Ive now changed this, but what else could cause a lack in performance and horrible MPG!!! Ive taken some photos to show you what the TIP looks like:

02042010476.jpg

02042010474.jpg

02042010473.jpg

The car has had a remap from Rallytech and pulled very hard before the changes yesterday. I changed the TIP from the OEM as i heard stories of mapped cars collapsing them.

any help would be greatful.... Is the N75 fitted correctly?

Last edited:

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
yea i probably will tomorrow, but hink i might try AMD. Its one of me best mates at the garage i got all the work done at. But i spose your right, it was running fine before!!!

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
gd idea, ill take it out for a spin in a bit with it on since i changed a couple of things, if no betetr all take it off and try. Also since i bought the car, every now and then when i touch the accelerator, sometimes itll rev alot higher than what ive revved it too? Any cause for this?

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
problem solved, the pipes that i said were kinked (ones to the charge pipe) i freed them and rerouted them to where they are meant to sit int he holde rof the charge pipe and it spools up hard again, cant see why that would affect boost much, but it did and its ok now :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.