Next mods, which order?

danny20vt

going back to basics
I'd just like to thank you lot for getting me addicted to modding! only this time round its power mods.

Current mods, Green cone filter, Forge 007p with relocation kit and a SS catback system, next mods I want are a remap, TIP and down pipe with sports cat.

Which order do you recommend I get them in and at which point is a FMIC needed?

Also, the exhaust is 2.5" bore, would i need a 2.5" DP or would a 3" be better?

Ta very muchly:D

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
if you want the most out of a remap - do everything else FIRST, so the map can be customised to suit the additional components.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Depends if your getting a custom remap or a generic one i'd imagine, if the remap you choose takes into account mods then do it last as pabs said

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
If it's a generic stage 1 remap then do the TIP first, then remap, then downpipe etc.

Or if it's a custom map, i.e. stage 2 then get the exhaust and TIP done first. In fact the more you get done before the map, the better the map will be customised to your mods as said above.

The bigger the downpipe the better as this is the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust I believe.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Not really much point in getting a stage1 map with all the stage2 hardware - and nearly all stage2 maps are custom, or at least state that they require these modifications.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.