No cabin heating before 27°C

Mar 8, 2024
Hello all,

I have an issue with the cabin heating.. I couldn't get hot air before 27°C set.
To precise, If I set to 22°C, I will get hot air the first 5 mins and then it will turn cold and get extremely cold..
So I have to set to 27°C to be "good" in the cabin.

I don't know if someone had the issue.
Previously I had a Seat Leon FR (from 2014) and had to change the heater matrix (because I was losing coolant).
Furthermore, I never heard this type of issue for a 2019 model.
The car went to a SEAT dealership 3 times but they didn't find an issue about the cabin heating..

Does someone had this issue and know how to fix it ?

Thanks to all !

Greetings,

Sefa

Mar 8, 2024
Is the aircon set to 'automatic' mode, or is this manual?

(If set to auto, I'd say this is normal behaviour)
Hello thespicemustflow,

First, thanks for your reply to this thread.

I tested in all conditions (auto, A/C on & off, set to passengers and to feet) and it blows cold air.

For example, if I set to 22°C to power 4 and in direction to passengers and to feet, it will blow lukewarm air and after 5mins cold air..

I also notified that when you press "SETUP" below the button AUTO, I have air flow in red colour (which indicates hot air) only from 23.5°C..

And when I set to 27 to be "good" in the cabin, ten minutes after this setting, if I press "SETUP", I have red flows from 26°C, before 26°C it's blue flows (which indicates cold air).

Greetings,

Sefa

Mar 12, 2024
Personally i would get a diag tool and do a live reading of the cabin temperature sensor. It doesn`t sound like a clogged heating circuit, since it does blow some warm air.

Mar 8, 2024
Personally i would get a diag tool and do a live reading of the cabin temperature sensor. It doesn`t sound like a clogged heating circuit, since it does blow some warm air.
Hello meevilsheep,

An ODIS diag has been done and you'll find the values to the attached document.
Furthermore, they placed a digital thermometer at the level of the ventilation nozzles which regulates well to the desired temperature (tested at 26°C and it's going from 28.6°C to 26°C..).
However, the test was done when starting the vehicle (cold engine), where I managed to get a little heat.

As you say, I also think that the issue may come from the cabin temperature sensor. If you check the value IDE00983/MAS00194 for the interior temperature. It's about 31°C which is very high, so that could explain why it blows cold air and not hot air ???

Thanks for your help and your comment.

Greetings,

Sefa

Attachments

• Chauffage.jpg
    Chauffage.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 26
Mar 12, 2024
I think you`ve found the culprit then :)
Not sure how could there be 31°C inside a car, from a cold start, when the outside temp is 15.5°C. But if that`s the reading, then the ventilation system blows cold air to drop the detected temp of 31 to the "desired" temp of 2X°C.
How come this didn`t raise any questions during the investigation? Especially since they had a digital thermometer on hand

Mar 8, 2024
I think you`ve found the culprit then :)
Not sure how could there be 31°C inside a car, from a cold start, when the outside temp is 15.5°C. But if that`s the reading, then the ventilation system blows cold air to drop the detected temp of 31 to the "desired" temp of 2X°C.
How come this didn`t raise any questions during the investigation? Especially since they had a digital thermometer on hand
They've sent a video that shows me they set the temperature to 26°C in manual mode and the digital thermometer drops from 28.6°C to 26°C in about 2mins (they've put the thermometer in the middle of the cabin). Then they've put the thermometer at the driver's seat air vent which increased the temperature from 26°C to 28°C.
But as I said, they did the test after starting the car.

I will try to drive 30mins before going to the dealership but I hope they'll have time to do the test immediately..

I am convinced that I am on the right track with the interior temperature sensor and I hope I'll find the issue..

Greetings,

Sefa