No power, But can hear loud whooshy Noise?!? HELP

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Was going shopping when my wife said she felt the wheel spin and the car juddered. After we finnished shopping I drove back and noticed a very loud whooshy noise coming from outside and no power. It sounds like a pipe could have come off? Anyways I pulled over popped the bonnet and had a nose. The inlet pipe to the turbo was on and i could see the two black pipes connecting to the metal pipe at the bottom of the engine bay looked secure. I thought the turbo might be shafted but then Im hearing a loud whooshy noise?!? wouldnt this mean the turbo is working but the air is escaping? There is no dash warning lights what so ever. At the moment I dont have my vag-com to test until tomorrow, and dont have access to a ramp. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
sounds like a pipe popped off get under and have a butchers if your turbo went belly up you should have a smoke bomb behind you

Could be a split pipe tho i had this type of noise on my golf does it sound like you have got a scooby now ? lol

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
sounds like a pipe popped off get under and have a butchers if your turbo went belly up you should have a smoke bomb behind you

Could be a split pipe tho i had this type of noise on my golf does it sound like you have got a scooby now ? lol

lol yea! very embarassing :) you wouldnt happen to know how much roughly a new pipe would cost? Or would it come as part of a Turbo Pipe Kit? like this

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
check the pipes around your dump valve, these are the ones that normally pop off mine. Alternatively, the small pipe that comes off the charge pipe to the n75 splits easily, worth checking :)

CUPRA Rach

If its loud id say it was the turbo pipe. I saw it on an a3 the other day.
Jubilee had worked loose and dropped down so when the car boosted the extra pressure was blowing out of the loose hose.