Not your average service indicator post.....

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Right before i start im not asking how to reset my service indicator :p when i brought the car it had just had its 30k service and there was no service indicator flashing, when i got in the car yesterday i switched her on and the service indicator started flashing bearin mind that the car has only coverd 33k now, So im a little confused why it is telling me it needs a service, and my sticker in the window says it doesnt need to be serviced again until 40k.

Cheers

David.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Question is when it had the 30k service, was the service indicator lit? Therefore there was no need to reset it, and now its appeared.

My cupra has had its annuall 10k services early.

So for example if the service before the 30k one was at 24k with the indicator showing, that may have been when it was last reset.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
ok ive found it.... the last service was 30917 but the previous service to that indicates that it should of been carried out at 33k so therefore it was serviced 3k early so would that be why the indicator is showing, so should i just reset it myself? or just leave it?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Reset it mate, but then when / if it goes for a service at 37k, reset it then also!

Although I think it only stays on the screen for a short amount of time. ie. 200 miles or something.