Oil Dilema!... HELP...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Think i will leave it to seat, cost £30 and only takes 30min. Take me longer to get my jack out!

Yeah mine are going to lap tap as soona s they reply to me!

so £30 labour plus the cost of u supplying oil and filter?

so about £70?!

lap tap? they a wheel referb company? CAN THEY POLISH?! :drool:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Sump sounds good to me!

Ragged it down a country road and get sparks!

il let u know when i eventually get round to doing sumic about it! :think:

flashbsd

i always use motul 300v competition stuff, costs but wlel worth it IMO. smells nice too :whistle:

15w50 i think it is.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
flashbsd said:
i always use motul 300v competition stuff, costs but wlel worth it IMO. smells nice too :whistle:

15w50 i think it is.

thanks martin! a little late! ;)

yea if i was gonna buy the best i would have gone for that!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I think they only powder coat but im unsure

Yeap but i get the oil at mates rates! Id rather worth 1 hour more and pay someone to do it really

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Scotty_b said:
Think i will leave it to seat, cost £30 and only takes 30min. Take me longer to get my jack out!

Yeah mine are going to lap tap as soona s they reply to me!
Lap Tap service is crap as i've said before no one seemed to know what was going on! I phoned up in the end! They do a good job though!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Thats what ive heard! Called twice tho and waiting for them to call back!

just do it urself scott! :bleh:

OR drive down to me on monday morning and pay me £30! :lol:

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
im getting my rims either dimond cut or powder coated bright metalic silver... i really want them to be highly polished but no one wants to do it for me as they cannot garanty a good finish! :cry:[/QUOTE]

James

Give these guys a bell http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/index.htm

Mentioned here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88044

My standard alloys are all kerbed to :censored: due to carelessness on my part so will give this lot a go shortly when I get some new wheels to go on and keep the originals as a spare set

Appear to be close enough to you and seem to do what your after

Hope that helps :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
cheers m8! :D

il give them a buzz 2mo... if they can get my LCR alloys to look as polished as these examples on their website il be well chuffed! :yes:

gsilg.jpg

bmwbclg.jpg

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
No probs mate

If they sort you out mate post some pics once done

Won't be sorting mine for a few weeks and I'll be keeping the standard finish but will do likewise once they've been done

oilman

Forum Sponsor
Sorry i missed this thread because in my opinion you have gone backwards from Mobil1 a very good synthetic to Halfords own hydrocracked oil.

The only way forward for ultimate protection and track days was using a proper race oil like Silkolene Pro or Motul 300V.

If the oil is changed regularly, you do not need to observe the longlife regime you merely need to use an oil of suitable viscosity.

Race oils are inmportant in a track or highly modded engine because their higher quality basestocks make them more thermally stable when stressed.

Sorry I missed this one, been a bit busy lately

Cheers
Simon

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
oilman said:
Sorry i missed this thread because in my opinion you have gone backwards from Mobil1 a very good synthetic to Halfords own hydrocracked oil.

The only way forward for ultimate protection and track days was using a proper race oil like Silkolene Pro or Motul 300V.

If the oil is changed regularly, you do not need to observe the longlife regime you merely need to use an oil of suitable viscosity.

Race oils are inmportant in a track or highly modded engine because their higher quality basestocks make them more thermally stable when stressed.

Sorry I missed this one, been a bit busy lately

Cheers
Simon

nothing to be sory about bud! :)

so u dont think the halfords 5w 50 FULLY SUNTHETIC oil is ok to use every 5k?! :( :cry:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
oilman said:
It's ok but you took a backwards step in the quality stakes.

If you want race quality either Silkolene Pro or Motul 300V, all data is on my website.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk

Cheers
Simon

if i wanted the best i would have gone for the motul 300v 15w 50 (like u say!) but i wanted something that was "good" and up to the job... also i didnt want to pay top doller when im changing it every 5k!

each to their own i gues! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.