Onvi And Polish

flooky

Hi, The paint on my car is a bit faded, whats the best polish to bring it back up together?

Cheers

Tyler Owen

In my opinion it's very hard to bring a faded car back to life by hand.

But proberbly your best by hand is Sonus SFX 1 Polish, as far as polish goes it's fairly abrasive, so would need to be finished of with a polish that has a higher Gloss, to achieve best results :)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Are you sure its faded? I would be surprised to find a Leon that has faded yet.

If you are sure it has, try the Klasse twins - two products, one is a all-in-one chemical cleaner/polish that will help remove some of the oxidised paint, the other product is a sealant to be used afterwards that will help protect the paint against further UV damage amongst other things.

Best solution of all is to have the car machine polished properly (i.e. detailed) by someone local who knows what they are doing.

CleanYourCar

Carlack Twins(same products as the Klasse) or Klasse Twins as above for chemical cleaning and really bringing up a nice gloss.
These are only very lightly abrasive, so help smooth imperfections whilst chemically cleaning the paint.

Best products I've found for removing swirls and marring is the carlack polishing pastes.

The Scratch Remover followed by the polishing paste

Have a look at some of the results on the Black Focus ST 170 (about half way down)I did a while ago. We also used them on the Seat Ibiza GTi also with great effect.

Topping with a wax will also help mask any further marks.

Cheers Tim

flooky

well im not sure to be honest, it's just some panels are duller than others.. maybe it's been polished at some point which has caused this?

i'll post some pictures of the car tomz when i can...

cheers!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.