Overheating problem!

May 23, 2019
Hi I have a seat Leon Cupra T 2.0TFSI 2007 which I have recently just purchased, but a overheating problem has occurred with it, the car does not loose coolant or mix with oil and I’m getting hot heaters too. It overheats on idle or in 1st heat on Standhill and when driving, the radiator fan does not kick in only kicks in when the I switch the car off I don’t know where to start If anyone could help please thanks

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Blocked rad, dodgy thermostat, bad temperature sensor, radiator fan or fan switch.

Does it overheat when driving along or is it simply when it's sat at idle?

May 23, 2019
Blocked rad, dodgy thermostat, bad temperature sensor, radiator fan or fan switch.

Does it overheat when driving along or is it simply when it's sat at idle?

Yeah it does overheat when I ride along in 1st gear when I’m coming to standstill but mostly when I’m sat on idle it or in standstill traffic it overheats, and it doesn’t seem like the radiator kicks in when driving unless I switch the car off only sometime so the radiator fans work. I’m at work today so haven’t had the chance to take it to a mechanic

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
did u find the solution?
I had an identical problem and I thought it was the thermostat and sure enough once that was changed the needle never went above 90 again on the dashboard. It wont throw an error code on a faulty thermostat and my car the fans would only really kick in once the key was out of the ignition. My fans did kick in once or twice but mostly remained dead until the key was removed. Replaced the thermostat and all was good again.

Jun 28, 2023
I had an identical problem and I thought it was the thermostat and sure enough once that was changed the needle never went above 90 again on the dashboard. It wont throw an error code on a faulty thermostat and my car the fans would only really kick in once the key was out of the ignition. My fans did kick in once or twice but mostly remained dead until the key was removed. Replaced the thermostat and all was good again.
I replaced all sensors, and thermostat, waterpump, the fans and radiator , and the problem still there..

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
Sorry to necro the thread. How did you figure out the car was overheating? Was it by temperature gauge on the dashboard or? My dial always stays at the middle, but sometimes the fan turns on only when I turn off the car and not before.

Jun 28, 2023
Sorry to necro the thread. How did you figure out the car was overheating? Was it by temperature gauge on the dashboard or? My dial always stays at the middle, but sometimes the fan turns on only when I turn off the car and not before.
yes, the temperature gauge is going over 90, and the fans doesn t turn on, only if i turn on the AC. Also i saw that the fans are off and when i turn the car off, the fans turn on at maximum speed..

Reactions: Frostensen
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members