Ovni Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Hi,

Brought my first cupra a few months ago, Ovni yellow, however it had been wrapped matt black and the previous owner had half taken the wrap off but then seemed to just give up and sell. Because the car was in a state with bits of wrap still all over the car, and it being generally dirty etc I managed to get it very cheap!

Current spec:

engine
1.8 20vT AYP
K03s
Creation Motorsport TIP
Uni FMIC with custom 63mm piping
Forge 007p
3" downpipe/decat
Magnex center & back section
Oil catch can
P-Torque custom stage 2+
N249 bypass
Carbon cannister delete

Exterior
Lcr splitter
Wrapped bonnet & roof (matt black)
6000k HIDs
Heko wind deflectors

Handling

20mm rear spacers
15mm front spacers
Fk ak street coilovers
Solid front engine mount
Grooved discs

Last edited:

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
I was told the car had 200bhp with a stage 2 map, it already had a fmic, 3"dp and exhaust, however, it didn't have an air filter on and had the standard TIP. :/ It had some horrible Halfords ripspeed alloys on, window tints (including the front two windows!!) it had a very badly done n249 bypass, vacuum hoses everywhere.

On the drive home it was perfect, felt quick, no engine lights etc.

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
This was the day I picked the car up

DSC_0108_zpstwwru8xe.jpg

I knew the tints on the front windows would need to come off... Almost home then I get pulled over as my insurance wasn't showing up properly, only to receive a £60 fine for the front windows. So not a great start.

The car after a few modifications now looks like this

IMG_20141205_195710_zpsn1oc0f6f.jpg

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
I then brought a new cone filter, silicone TIP, extended blue silicone pipe and painted the rocker cover silver.

DSC_0151_zpsp3127i83.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsahvydbbx.jpg

I was getting a lot of turbo chatter for a while, had a good look at the hoses to see if anything was blocked or something, I actually noticed the diverter valve had been fitted the wrong way round!! So quickly changed that now all is fine :D

DSC_0204_zpsy3modfjc.jpg

Last edited:

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester

Decided I wanted a bit more power as I didn't like how the K03 ran out of puff after about 5k. Brought my self a genuine reconditioned K03s, oil, coolant and all the washers and gaskets to fit. It all went OK fitting it, took the manifold off so took quite a long time though. Don't have any pictures of fitting it though.

I booked it in at P-Torque for a custom stage 2 and was very pleased with the outcome!

IMG_20141203_145232_zpsshcwavao.jpg

The pre health check run showed that with the stage 2 K03 map was already pushing 220bhp and 240ft.lbs. They were a bit reluctant to map at at first as they didn't know I'd get much more out of it, however after a few tweeks will at P-Torque said he can get some more from it. The final result was 248bhp and 267ft.lbs! Very pleased.

DSC_0199_zpsw1yq0qpw.jpg

DSC_0200_zps84u3h3se.jpg

Figures look high so I plan on getting another rr done st another place soon, it was barely above freezing in the garage when on the rr however.

Last edited:

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Next I fitted some 20mm rear spacers and some 15 mm for the front. Also fitted some Fk street coilovers, not the best I know but the old springs were very corroded! Seem to do a good job though. :)

The front spacers
IMG-20150109-WA0000_zpsni4h2fkv.jpeg

DSC_0203_zpsfsce0fac.jpg

Sits just right in my opinion, occasionally scrapes on large speed bumps with the Lcr splitter but nothing major.

I then brought some new tires for the front... Found the old pirelli p6000 already fitted terrible in the wet. Went for the popular proxes t1r, much better!
IMG-20150107-WA0000_zpszk8z0vui.jpeg

After the K03s being fitted, I noticed the engine rocking around a lot, found out the front engine mount was badly worn, it caused the brake servo to break through the cam belt cover!!!! :( luckily no damage to cambelt. So I went and brought a solid engine mount. Vibration is a bit worse at idle but drives so much better now!

DSC_0175_zpseknvmhfk.jpg

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Catch tank fitted, removed the pvc valve so it breathes from the crankcase and rocker cover, into a t-piece then to the tank. From the tank straight back to the TIP. Might route it down the wing or something one day though.

DSC_0192_zpsbdb6zkf9.jpg

DSC_0195_zpsh4vp42u1.jpg

DSC_0190_zpsefaptwo5.jpg

Comments/ criticisms welcome :)

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Thanks :) yeah I'm off to a rr day soon so I can see what the power difference is between the two.

Yeah it drives great! Love it

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
that catch can may cause you a few problems being 15mm ports on them and engines 19mm standard. these engines can be a little sensative on crank case pressure may push out a little oil or pop out the dip stick.
yours ran 240 on a standard cooler?thats interesting.
ive gota ask why the hell is there a nut ans bolt in thr pipe to the throttle body mmmm? as the for dv get a forge 007 on there or a stock one and you will notice it alot more driving wise.
not to sound like a **** just questions and helping

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
that catch can may cause you a few problems being 15mm ports on them and engines 19mm standard. these engines can be a little sensative on crank case pressure may push out a little oil or pop out the dip stick.
yours ran 240 on a standard cooler?thats interesting.
ive gota ask why the hell is there a nut ans bolt in thr pipe to the throttle body mmmm? as the for dv get a forge 007 on there or a stock one and you will notice it alot more driving wise.
not to sound like a **** just questions and helping

Hi, thanks for your comments. The catch can seems to be OK so far, I've just done what others have done on here, they didn't seem to have any problems? However, it's filling pretty fast, almost 1/3 full after 1000miles. Do lots of short journeys and think my thermostats on its way out( doesn't get up to temp on a cold day if not at a stand still)

Forgot to mention, I have a front mount intercooler, it's just a universal one from eBay.

The split r was on there when I brought it, I would have gone for a 007 if I was to buy one but I've not had any problems with it, doesn't leak boost or anything, what benefits would I get for swapping to an 007?

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Oh and the bolt, I have no idea. Water meth injection or nos perhaps haha? There was a small home made bracket attached near I too.

The intercooler is attached to the standard charge pipe over the engine still. Would like to have k04 style piping eventually
DSC_0109_zpshtplj8vt.jpg

Last edited:

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
that bolt i ddont have a clue either buddy. a big core on stock pipes ent a great idea as its on the standard pancake pipe thats flatter that a sealions ****.
yeah go ko4 pipe work in the best way to go. i build coolers weekly for folks mate!
if i was you id get looking at a fuel pump. i put money on it your wont be fueling right high rpm my was not fueling at 3k on the dyno like most i know an built.
as for a 007 all round good dv. ****-r never set up well springs go weak. 007 is a way better valve no leaks if well looked after.

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
Nice looking motor, glad it's not Matt black anymore.
Martin will keep you right, not had better advice from anyone. He knows his stuff is an understatement.

I just so happen to have a 4bar fuel pump sitting in a cupboard I no longer need. ;) Pm if your interested.

tomH

Stage 2+ K03s 248bhp
Oct 9, 2014
Worcester
Yeah I saw your thread in the mk3 section about custom piping! It's definitely on my list of things to do. The fuel pump, do you suggest a leon cupra r one? Or standard

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
pump wise a standard one is as much use as a 1legged man in an ass kicking contest. lcr yes as long as you but new. alot of used 4bar tt lcr an s3 pumps are gettin tired these days. badger5 do an i tank pump. sytec real good. just swap over an go. a fuel pump its better than a melted engine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise