Paint Code

i4n

Feb 5, 2022
Hi all,

Does anyone have the Sapphire Blue paint code handy? The sticker that should be in my boot isn't there and all the paperwork I've got for the car just says 'Sapphire Blue' and doesn't show me the paint code.

I only got the car in December and I've already opened the door onto a wall when distracted. I've now got a small chip in the paint right on the edge of the door, and need to get a touch up pen to cover it. I'm still kicking myself now a few days later about it. Still, I guess as a first bit of damage being done to the car it's not the worst thing in the world!

As it's a new colour none of the online shops have it listed against the Ibiza and without the paint code I'm not 100% sure I'll be getting the correct colour (on a reg check it just comes back as 'blue').

Cheers

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If you contact your dealer and give them your car’s VIN and / or registration number, they should be able to tell you the paint code for your car’s paint colour. They can sell you the touch up paint too or if they don’t have it in stock, they should be able order some for you.

Alternatively, you could try forum sponsors @SEAT Motor Parts.

Edit; the Chipex website is showing the paint code as 172 - see screen shot below. Your dealer or the forum sponsor should be able to confirm whether or not that’s the correct paint code.

B1A6E834-1023-4420-8CA4-60A4B81E9298.jpeg

Last edited:

i4n

Feb 5, 2022
Cheers! I went to Chipex earlier on today but did a reg search, not a model search and it didn't bring it up, it just returned as blue. No idea what I was doing to not try a model search as well. Sigh.

As they're a forum sponsor I'll give the people you point out a shout, I've already found the forum really useful as a lurker so it's the least I can do.

I would have gone to the dealer but they dropped a bombshell on me when I picked the car up, long story short they're no longer a dealer and the nearest one to me is a combined VW and Seat dealership which royally messed my Dad around a few years ago so I don't want to touch them unless I absolutely have to do so.

Reactions: COX Motor Parts