Paint Flaking between Front Wing and Sill on Cupra R

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Dear All,

On my Curpa R does anyone have a problem with the area between the front wing and the sill, whereby the sill touches the wing and paint is peeling or flaking off?

Regards.[:@]

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
Is it the paint, or the clear coat thats coming off?

Is it blistering or bubbling, or is it just cracked and lifts away from the metal?

Do you know if its ever been in the paintshop?

Rob

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
I will post a picture and post it later today.

But once again the Excellcent repair of :censored: SMC Body in Uxbridge, NOT!!!

I did have an accident in the car which rquired a new front bumper but when the repair was complete they chipped the bonnet so they had to respray and also blend the front wings. LAter on during the year the clear coat was peeling off from the wings but they did not acknowledge that it was SMC fault, untill finally and after numberous visits they argeed that the wings were there problem and offered to respray them.

Now it has been about 6 months after the other repair and now the paint is peeling off! I think that I am on repair number 13 -14.

Regards.

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
Trying to picture what part of the car you actually mean. is the problem on the palstic side skirts, or on the metal wing?

If its on then plastic maybe they havent used a flex agent prior to the primer/basecoat/clearcoat.

Maybe they havent prepared the panel correctly prior to painting.. could have silicone or grease left on it. if they have blended in the front wings and only prepared the front half correctly, and have just put clear coat over the back half it might not be sitting ont he base coat correctly.

Is it happening on both sides?

Rob

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Heres the picture, the problem only occurs on one side. But I think that washing the car makes it flack even more.

Sorry can't seem to upload the picture, it keeps saying that i have exceed the attachemnt size by 80 K, even though my limit is 100K.