Parrot CK3100 kit

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
guys,

where do you have yours fitted?

reason i am asking is because i have got one but i am not sure where to have it mounted?

would it look ok near the gear stick or would this be dangerous?

any ideas?

costa

My control panel is mounted out of sight in the ash tray. Works a treat. Clearly no good for smokers.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
im thinkin of getting one and was wondering where to fit , i thought in the console section by tcs or somwhere near , maybe in the space there where you can buy the cd holder to fit

is there anything else that fits there , i,e a rubber mat , ive cutt out grip mat stuff from tescos

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
im thinkin of getting one and was wondering where to fit , i thought in the console section by tcs or somwhere near , maybe in the space there where you can buy the cd holder to fit

is there anything else that fits there , i,e a rubber mat , ive cutt out grip mat stuff from tescos

i have done the same non slip matt 'mod'!

i thought about having it near the tcs switch too but think it maybe too low and a distraction becuase u can see who is calling you.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
fitted just below the exterior lights switch. It's hidden away from sight by the steering wheel and close enough to take your hand off the steering wheel and use the features.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
any pics fella?

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

There's a quick pair for you, I ran the wiring in the top of the unused switch position by carefully notching it. All the rest of the bluetooth gubbins are velcro'd to the back of the glovebox lol. ;)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
could the wired not go through the vent itself ?? or would the heat kill it,

just a question can this be removed for antitheft reasons ??

The wire could go through the vent if you wanted yes, although you'd have to make a much larger hold in the vent for the plug etc to fit through.

At the time I fitted it (over 4 years ago) I did it with the intention that if I sold the car the interior wouldn't be full of holes etc. So much for that - I've had ginge for almost 6 1/2 years now!! :D I never use that vent anyway so its permanently closed.

The kit ends up being pretty much hardwired into the car, unless you fancy cutting the cables and adding small plugs to allow removal then no, its not removable.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Depends where you decide to mount it mate! If you wanted to be really swish you could remove the grill on the vent I've used, make up a mounting fascia for it and hide it in there. A quick blast of spray paint on the silvery bits and it'll look black - no-one will notice that just walking by ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.