PD150 standard power?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
So why advertise it as a 150,160? Do they take the lowest output instead of an average??

pbirkett

Jun 17, 2004
Newcastle
pbirkett.blogspot.com
PD150 = 150 bhp.

Everyone always wants to think their cars are more powerful than they really are...

On briskoda some folks RR'd their Fabia vRS, found they got up to and over 150 bhp on some rollers (i.e. Jabb'a's) and on a more accurate roller, they were more or less dead on 130 bhp.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
pbirkett said:
PD150 = 150 bhp.

Everyone always wants to think their cars are more powerful than they really are...

On briskoda some folks RR'd their Fabia vRS, found they got up to and over 150 bhp on some rollers (i.e. Jabb'a's) and on a more accurate roller, they were more or less dead on 130 bhp.

I've read on the MKIVS of RR day's where the PD's put out more than standard and stuff like the new GTi put's out exactly what VW quoted.

Going on the cars I've played with I'd say mine is over 150, can't all be down to torque.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
JBS rollers usually give standard figures.
Craig's 150 did 151.7.
My 130 with a "155 upgrade" gave 156 at JBS and 171 at Stealth...

All depends on where it's done, and I think it's fair to say Jabba rollers tend to give more optimistic figures.

But which ones are actually correct - who knows ?

Last edited:

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
having my Fabia VRS RR'd on the cheap at Stealth with Club GTi in 2 weeks time - its standard at the mo - i'll post the results. I'm expecting 130 TBH - mainly going for a day out! Its also only done a couple of thousand miles so i wont be asking them to push it.

My Leon RR'ed over standard power on my 'before' run at Aldon Automotive - 188 bhp, 190 ft torque - it RR'ed at 207 after, which was low considering i had the 4bar map. Then again, the car did seem to pick up on the journey home, so maybe the map needed to 'bed in' like REVO suggest.

JBS Sales

Hi
You will find that it is down to the rolling road lottery.
Sorry if you have a 150PD then that is what you will have.
The machinery now days that are used to produce the engines are spot on so if you have a 150bhp car as standard then that is what you have.
The rolling roads are something else they can produce different readings.
If you have an optimistic rolling road to start with , if you have it remaped after it could look like you have 20bhp over and above what you should have.
With that in mind you can see why some have them quoting over ;)
Sarah

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members