Phantom Door Locks

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Ok so done a search and found a very tiny bit of info on what im after, found loads of threads on locking door locks but not quite my problem

My problem =

Monday = go to car, open doors via fob get in car drive down road, go to lock car all doors lock

Tuesday = go to car again press key fob and all doors open except drivers door, have to use key to get in. all doors lock fine

Wednesday = go to car press key fob all doors open except passanger, press door opener switch inside car it opens passanger

Thursday go to lock car press key fob all dorrs lock except drivers door? have to lock with key in door again

Friday yet again go to lock doors and only rear doors lock, open drivers door and alarm goes off (at 22:00)

as u can tell my problem is very random? any ideas? showed guy from seat and he just laughed and said "hmm it adds character"

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ok so done a search and found a very tiny bit of info on what im after, found loads of threads on locking door locks but not quite my problem

My problem =

Monday = go to car, open doors via fob get in car drive down road, go to lock car all doors lock

Tuesday = go to car again press key fob and all doors open except drivers door, have to use key to get in. all doors lock fine

Wednesday = go to car press key fob all doors open except passanger, press door opener switch inside car it opens passanger

Thursday go to lock car press key fob all dorrs lock except drivers door? have to lock with key in door again

Friday yet again go to lock doors and only rear doors lock, open drivers door and alarm goes off (at 22:00)

as u can tell my problem is very random? any ideas? showed guy from seat and he just laughed and said "hmm it adds character"
Have you tried pressing the unlock on the fob twice to see if that opens all the doors.
I know on the LCR you press once for the drivers door to open and twice to open all the doors maybe there is a problem with the reciever that tells the drivers door to open on the first press.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Could be battery problem, elec stuff can go mental with a low batter most kids toys these days just turn on and play as loud as possible in the middle of the night when they have low bats!!!!!!

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Could be battery problem, elec stuff can go mental with a low batter most kids toys these days just turn on and play as loud as possible in the middle of the night when they have low bats!!!!!!

Sounds like you’ve had a bad experience! Lol. As for batt, am not convinced its running low, its fairly new, however I’ll give it a charge.

Junior – yeah some newer leons do the press twice thing mine never has, however when it don’t open yeah I end up pressing the open/close button many time in hope it will open or lock, once its stuck (its seems) that’s it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.