Phone contact names (only numbers) displaying.

jimmymcmahon

Apr 4, 2021
Good morning.

I hope that you are well.

Has anyone else with a Cupra Formentor and an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra in my case) managed to get their contacts to import properly from their phone?

Under the phone app, the contacts are displayed with their names under the All tab of the Contacts section, however the contact photos are not pulling through.

Also in the Calls section (and on the homescreen) the call history only shows the full telephone number of the calls and not the caller name.

Android Auto also looks really naff boxed within a small square on the large screen. Has anyone figured out if you can make it full screen?

Many thanks
Jimmy

VocalHusky

Apr 28, 2021
Hi @jimmymcmahon

My Formentor is from April this year on infotainment version 1803 and does not have these issues. Android Auto (wired only) looks fine, contact pictures are there but numbers seem to be duplicated (like every contact has their number shown twice and the cupra assistant always asks which one of the identical numbers to call)

Which SW version does your car have?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I don't call too often from the car, but when I tried first time, I also could only see phone numbers in call lists, no names. In the end, I put most frequent numbers into favourites and can see their names there. No pictures, but I didn't expect them anyway.
I have rev D, 1790 version of software.

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I have software version 1896 and telephone app is also doing this, only shows full phone numbers and not peoples names.

Oddly enough it only happened after I tapped to sync contacts

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise