Planned Mods.....your thoughts?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
hi guys, i drive a leon mk2 tdi 140. planning on getting a milltek system with a decat, a green cotton panel filter, and then eventually a re-map. i was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what they thought to it. really looking for a bit more grunt when i put my foot down, any help is much appreciated.
thanks

edit : and lowering the car using eibach springs, just wondering how far would people advise i lower it? 30mm? 40mm? this is what i am looking at http://www.eibach-suspension.co.uk/...m-and-rear-by-30-mm-E20150030522_p1331718.htm

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
hi guys, i drive a leon mk2 tdi 140. planning on getting a milltek system with a decat, a green cotton panel filter, and then eventually a re-map. i was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what they thought to it. really looking for a bit more grunt when i put my foot down, any help is much appreciated.
thanks

Start with the remap ..

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
How much grunt will the milltek and filter give?

The filter is neglible but will let a bit more air in. The exhaust will have a bigger gain as you are going for a bigger downpipe with no cat and a freer flowing backbox. Prob about 8%-10% if you read the Milltek website. The turbo will spool up quicker and if you combine that with a custom remap you will see good gains overall.
Alex

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
i agree with alex, the remap will be the last thing to do as the idea of a remap is that it will allow the engine and any modifications run in perfect harmony and to a optimum level

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
i was going for the decat option, but i was informed recently that its not as restrictive as you may think in this model. Best power gains come through a straight through, keeping the cat wont hinder you.
Id go, straight through exhaust, uprated pannel filter or cone induction (if fed properly mind), then remap. youl get around 200bhp ish and 340lbft torque with them mods.

just make sure your fuel is better than boggo stuff. V power or millers.. cant stress that enough :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If you get the Remap first then it wont take into account the Exhaust and Filter so then you will need another Remap to take them into account

Filter was the first thing i fitted onto my Ibiza and Leon

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
ye thats what i was trying to get at by saying the remap will be last andrew.

so by straight through but keeping the cat im guessing u mean do away with the back box and have a pipe there to replace it?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.