Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
As in people you have taken on and beaten, like the Indians used to do when they beat someone, they took their scalp.

A bit extreme in this case but its a figure of speach :lol:
lol Well if the opportunity arises I am willing to take on a bigger beast.

log books / pink slips is more friendly

if ur sure u aint walking home :)

maz you can always borrow mine as yoyr daily driver ,, bring it back modded and a detail to finish off like :)
Andrew, thats not a bad idea...my car recently had a disagreement with a speed hump so undertray is half hanging off. I could use a another daily driver lol! :)

Yer sign in mate 305 rear 4 pot 363 fronts 6 pot
That would unbalance the car with more pots on the back Dan.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
lol Well if the opportunity arises I am willing to take on a bigger beast.

Andrew, thats not a bad idea...my car recently had a disagreement with a speed hump so undertray is half hanging off. I could use a another daily driver lol! :)

mines in the same boat , no under tray , also lost the pass side tray bit that holds the undertray on , and the air duct thingy that was attached :cry:

need my brake disks n pads fitted asap and the door carrier to put back on

cant be bothered at the min , but shud as when it rains its to late to do it then :think::lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
mines in the same boat , no under tray , also lost the pass side tray bit that holds the undertray on , and the air duct thingy that was attached :cry:

need my brake disks n pads fitted asap and the door carrier to put back on

cant be bothered at the min , but shud as when it rains its to late to do it then :think::lol:
My sidewall section that holds the tray is damaged also. Too many rolling roads and the speed hump yesterday didnt help. Got Slick coming round tonight with his racing jack and stands so I can have a look at try a DIY.

The airduct is cooling for the gear box, not so sure how benificial it is tbh. I think the FR+ dont even have that section on.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
my undertray went ages ago. quite a gap between the road and sump, so I dont see the real point. The under tray itself is very low and hits every flipping thing.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Undertray problem resolved. Massive thank you to Slick for coming round and really doing it all underneath the car. We had to make a new hole in the sidewall for one screw that ripped through one of the OEM holes.

In the long run I will have to get new undertray sidewalls and Slick is trying to talk me into getting a panzer undertray with him... :)

Stiff.jpg

Car decided to **** its rear leg aswell when jacking up the car.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It's on the deiselgeeks website so guessing it's for dervs only. Pretty expensive tbh.

Edit: I lied it apparently fits 1.8t's aswell.

Last edited:

Staszek20vt

Aug 19, 2009
PL/BE
www.leonclub.pl
Well Maz,

I've done 256mm rear brakes conversion and I think that's enough for our "powers". There are 3 cars which have the same calipers: Leon 1M Cupra R, Audi S3 8L and Skoda Octavia 1 RS the calipers from those cars fits p'n'p. If you got rear caliper from 4x4 then you will need custom spacer which is not esspecially good solution. Also pads and discs fits from those cars. I get mine pads and discs from Black Diamond and I'm happy with them. You aill need to chage those round "discs protectors" which are behind rear discs for a bigger ones. Small clever advise: you can put there front discs from Leon 1.6i 256x22mm they are the same but cheaper. And the "panzer plate" it's not very good idea either - it lower the car dramatically and it's heavy like hell. Just remove OEM covers and enjoy. Also engine cooling will be better but it will affect engine bay with a dust.

Best regards,
Stan

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
Maz
Its all coming along nicely!!

My neglected Golf will be yours for a weekend and I hope it comes back as gleaming as yours but trust me..paintwork is bad!
will pop by one evening for that key - hopefully tonight!

Any joy with the 280mm spacer?

Stan you are right about the 256mm being more than enough for our power but we are men and we want bigger.. lol
on a serious note I think the 280mm rallye discs are the same price as the 256mms (iirc £51 each from the stealers)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well Maz,

I've done 256mm rear brakes conversion and I think that's enough for our "powers". There are 3 cars which have the same calipers: Leon 1M Cupra R, Audi S3 8L and Skoda Octavia 1 RS the calipers from those cars fits p'n'p. If you got rear caliper from 4x4 then you will need custom spacer which is not esspecially good solution. Also pads and discs fits from those cars. I get mine pads and discs from Black Diamond and I'm happy with them. You aill need to chage those round "discs protectors" which are behind rear discs for a bigger ones. Small clever advise: you can put there front discs from Leon 1.6i 256x22mm they are the same but cheaper. And the "panzer plate" it's not very good idea either - it lower the car dramatically and it's heavy like hell. Just remove OEM covers and enjoy. Also engine cooling will be better but it will affect engine bay with a dust.

Best regards,
Stan
Panzer plate is only 10KG Stan. Some other plates I have seen are like 20+ KG.

I dislike the noise you get from not having the bottom tray. The car is loud as it is. I also get slight weeping from the joins on the standard intercooler so I dont want the oil to stain anywhere.

Maz
Its all coming along nicely!!

My neglected Golf will be yours for a weekend and I hope it comes back as gleaming as yours but trust me..paintwork is bad!
will pop by one evening for that key - hopefully tonight!

Any joy with the 280mm spacer?

Stan you are right about the 256mm being more than enough for our power but we are men and we want bigger.. lol
on a serious note I think the 280mm rallye discs are the same price as the 256mms (iirc £51 each from the stealers)
I havent had the time mate, literally rushed off my feet. Can you contact that guy also?

Has the guy done the dents? :)

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
No probs Maz, glad to help and wasnt too bad of a job if not a little dirty laying on your driveway lol

Your have to tell me more about this 280 and 256 disc situation, alittle puzzled in why the bigger really?

By the way Rams, you meationed Key, you dont by chance know where I can buy new blades to be cut, but I mean OE blades not the cheap bronze/copper plated crap...?

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
Maz, I booked dents for saturday but missus has decided she wants to go thorpe park!! she asked me why I cant make it, I told her... she was not amused! Not sure if I can do the dents - I will need to ring and see if hes free one day in the week!

DaveB got back to me, I emailed you the reply yesterday...

Slick, I think East London Security centre in Romford road do just the blade bit (no chip but the actual blade itself)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.