Please check left reversing light... They are LED units... Help

Mrbob

Apr 12, 2022
I have a 2020 MK3 Leon ST FR.
When reversing I get a warning and can visually confirm that the reverse light isn't coming on for the rear drivers side, as it is LED tail lights I'm not sure what can be done to resolve as there's no bulb to replace. Has anyone else had this problem and shed any light (no pun intended)!

Cheers

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Im pretty sure i changed mine to a white t10 bulb.
I'll have to double check, the built in led mat be the rear fog?
Been a while so not 100%

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
If your car is a 2020 model, I'm sure it will be a Leon 4, not a 3.
You would be better to ask in the Leon mark 4 section - this is the Leon mark 3 section, and the mark 3 has totally differrent light clusters (full LED) to the mark 3 (mix of LED and bulbs, or full bulbs)

Mrbob

Apr 12, 2022
If your car is a 2020 model, I'm sure it will be a Leon 4, not a 3.
You would be better to ask in the Leon mark 4 section - this is the Leon mark 3 section, and the mark 3 has totally differrent light clusters (full LED) to the mark 3 (mix of LED and bulbs, or full bulbs)
It's a Mk 3, it was the last throes of them, it has the Evo engine but it's definitely not the MK4.

Reactions: Mo_86

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
It's a Mk 3, it was the last throes of them, it has the Evo engine but it's definitely not the MK4.
The fact that you say the drivers side reverse light isn't coming on, and that the reverse light is led suggests mark 4....the mark 3 does not have a drivers side reverse light, and the one reverse light it does have passenger side is a filament bulb

Last edited:

Mrbob

Apr 12, 2022
It has 3 separate 'bulbs' on the side that's failed, single on the other. Here's a picture (I just took when I had to go out so not the best) to avoid any confusion over the mode/markl type, it's a FR EVO (1.5 150ps)
1000010615.jpg

Reactions: Mo_86

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Pretty sure the single one is the reverse light.
I'll have to check tomorrow what the 3 in 1 led is.

Mrbob

Apr 12, 2022
It only brings the warning up when I reverse, I haven't looked myself, maybe it's time to get the wife out there again and to check all the lights (i.e. fog), I'd assumed it was reversing as I had the warning appear and she confirmed only one side was lit up, the error resets when I turn ignition off.

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
Isn’t the fog light on none uk cars the drivers side? For some reason I remember someone converting to two reverse lights by using a light unit from another country.
Either way even in led lights I think the reverse lamp is still a bulb so as LeylandVCDS said, you should be able to change it regardless (hopefully)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Isn’t the fog light on none uk cars the drivers side? For some reason I remember someone converting to two reverse lights by using a light unit from another country.
Either way even in led lights I think the reverse lamp is still a bulb so as LeylandVCDS said, you should be able to change it regardless (hopefully)
The rear fog light is always on the driver’s side regardless of which side of the car the driver sits.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
It only brings the warning up when I reverse, I haven't looked myself, maybe it's time to get the wife out there again and to check all the lights (i.e. fog), I'd assumed it was reversing as I had the warning appear and she confirmed only one side was lit up, the error resets when I turn ignition off.
The reversing light is not a LED, and that could be why you have the warning its possibly blown or a bad connection,(infect I have seen it where the light is on but still coming up with a error)

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Looking at the 2020 Leon parts catalogue there are left and right versions of the indoor reversing light/fog light side.

The bulb PN is N10591501 (bulb crystal clear) W16W-12V
Looks like the same bulb PN is used for the fog and reversing light - depending on its side.

1715153922214.png

1715154099349.png

Reactions: Matt_anderson

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Uk car here, drivers is a 3 led fog, passenger side is a replaceable halogen for reverse.

Mrbob

Apr 12, 2022
Thank you... So yes the reversing light is on the passenger side rear. It also works when I put the car into reverse but as RadioTwo said above I just removed the 'replaceable non LED' bulb (a push/click fit bulb) and rotated it 180 degrees and pushed it back in. Now the reversing light still works and there are no warning lights/messages, maybe the contact was patchy enough to trigger a warning. Saved me a lot of hassle (and money). Cheers

Reactions: SuperV8 and Mo_86
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.