Please help! Weirdest issues I’ve ever known!

Oct 1, 2022
Hi guys…

I’ve had my little 2005 1.8t FR for about 6 months now, use it as a track car and I love it, bang for buck one of the best cars I’ve owned!

It’s recently come down with what’s possibly the weirdest issue I’ve ever seen since being into cars..

When turning the ignition on all lights on the cluster flicker on and off real fast and the lights for the cluster itself flicker.

when trying to do up the windows the horn goes off, the interior lights flicker and the electric mirror motors engage aswell as the horn every time the windo button is pressed.

this is the same when pressing the passenger side window switch also…

I’ve checked the common wiring issues and earths all seem fine, battery is almost new..
All fuses are good.

No codes showing either, I’ve changed the window switch no difference…

I’m at castle Combe in it on Friday so I’m hoping someone may be able to help!

I’ve taken it to several garages and apart from playing part roulette with the whole electrical system they arnt sure where to start with it…

thanks guys!

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Hi guys…

I’ve had my little 2005 1.8t FR for about 6 months now, use it as a track car and I love it, bang for buck one of the best cars I’ve owned!

It’s recently come down with what’s possibly the weirdest issue I’ve ever seen since being into cars..

When turning the ignition on all lights on the cluster flicker on and off real fast and the lights for the cluster itself flicker.

when trying to do up the windows the horn goes off, the interior lights flicker and the electric mirror motors engage aswell as the horn every time the windo button is pressed.

I’ve checked the common wiring issues and earths all seem fine, battery is almost new..
All fuses are good.

No codes showing either, I’ve changed the window switch no difference…

I’m at castle Combe in it on Friday so I’m hoping someone may be able to help!

I’ve taken it to several garages and apart from playing part roulette with the whole electrical system they arnt sure where to start with it…

thanks guys!
Burnsie, your car is probably possessed. Either burn it or have it thrown in a lake.

(PS. Witchcraft is not actually real)

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol

All those things are controlled by the central convenience unit, i'd start there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.