Jun 1, 2007
yea, pin holes on their welds. :banghead:
silly speeds to stop wheelspin, which I have'nt yet been to.. (chicken) - lol

limiter will be in the 7800-8000rpm region..
it pulls in a straight line, and when boost climbs in just spins up immediately.. it is damp here so no real surprises there. stuck it in 4th and rolled onto the throttle, and as soon as boost comes in - spin spin, tcs flashy flashy

early days on logging.. need to stop this airleak, to confirm fueling and injector scaling is on par. and pull back boost.. its a tad lively :p - full scale on your gauge briefly.

:D
didnt think you would be out in it tonight real down poor this end
good stuff :clap: any chance of some GoPro footage :whistle: please

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
didnt think you would be out in it tonight real down poor this end
good stuff :clap: any chance of some GoPro footage :whistle: please

that little camera is a confusing little sukka.. I'll try it out, but its not very easy to use.
it was'nt slashing down last night but had been, so was wet roads, but not raining.. either way wet roads and high power fwd = wheels spin no matter which way you look at it - lol

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
that little camera is a confusing little sukka.. I'll try it out, but its not very easy to use.
it was'nt slashing down last night but had been, so was wet roads, but not raining.. either way wet roads and high power fwd = wheels spin no matter which way you look at it - lol
Bill, I think the problem is your not used to that sort of power from a FWD car:p:lol:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Bill just out of interest is the battery relocation a big job? also what would you charge?

It took some time to do neatly. The battery is a battery box, not the aluminium frame things you see on ebay etc. Its relocated in a sealed box which lives bolted into the boot wheel well space.. and is MSA approved. I dont like the aluminium things I see, as they are not MSA approved, as batteries (non sealed gell ones) must be enclosed. Gell batteries on a road car dont support the daily drivers, and go flat..... especially combined with using "amp" cable to carry the cranking amps 12 foot forward.. I use 50mm^2 cable and suitable sized crimp terminations, and junction box up front to rejoin to the cars original battery top fuse and distribution. Its fiddly..

Craig1985

One word wat everyone is thinking is this thread is useless without VIDS

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
its now got its proper fuel pump installed with my new fittings etc

polo-fuelpump-1.jpg

polo-fuelpump-2.jpg

inlet manifold is off,and i've welded the obvious pin holes up, but i am going to shot blast the whole thing back to metal and expose every weld on it to be 100% sure they did'nt pin hole anything else, hidden under their paint. I am not taking any more chances. when it goes back on its for good.
I was'nt expecting to have to reweld someone else's inlet manifold.. :rolleyes: :banghead:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise