Porsche Brakes

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
just wondering if this conversion had been done before, alot of the VW guys do this quite regular. not something im looking to do yet as i dont have an Ibiza yet (need some money) i have lots of interest in the car though and just making future plans really. :D

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Im pretty sure its possible, Hopfully Hooch should be able to answer as he got a surprize buy!

David.

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
quattronics in lincoln mate!! they do them i was gettin GT3 ones for mine but the guy had an accident n i needed my car done asap so took it to jabba instead but its a very possible conversion mate!! think he uses discs off a R32 golf and re-drills them! hope this helps! cost is about 1200quid fitted i think!!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Anything is possible, just depends on how much money you wanna spend.

People like Godspeed will do one off setups just get your credit card ready and your ass greased up thats all.

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Depending on the size caliper/discs you want to run a guy on Edition 38 does a conversion for well under a grand.
Think it uses boxter rear 4 pots and mabe cupra R discs but its cheap (£600 mabe)
Your brakes are the same as golf/corrado G60 so thats what you need conversion wise if asking etc...
Hope this helps

ian_cupra

someone in hull got them, he on here too - cupra44

996 turbo calipers (big red's) & Cupra R disc's (305mm)

heres a piccy
(sorry will, thought i'd nick em and use them on here)

DSC00113-1.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Yes I am running 305mm discs from the cupra R, and if anyone wants my calipers there are for sale on edition 38 for 375 0n0 delivered, CALIPERS ONLY !!! Thanks

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Front's and they are massive I'm only selling because they don't fit under my new porsche wheels, these are known as 996 monoblocks

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
How come nobody found out about this ages ago that the porsche calipers just fit straight on with no other modification needed? seems abit too good to be true, now off the the scrap yards we all go in search of some porsche calipers lol. exactly what model doe they come off? What type of clearance issue do they have as they look massive? ie what wheels will they fit behind, standard cupra 16" or wheels that suite the likes of wilwood or brembo.