Porsche twist wheels on my leon! NEED AN ANSWER tonight :)

SeAt LC

Aug 27, 2011
Dorset
Hi peepz! Dont know if anyone can help me before i order my adapters for my porsche twists! I have 17" 7.5j on front and 9j on the rear. The front wheels im happy with a 20mm adapter but the rears i have a 225/45 tyre and with the old adapter which was 25mm it sat flush with the arches does anybody know if i would get away with a 20mm adapter on the rear just to give me more arch clearance so i can go lower :) but what i need to know is if i have a 20mm adapter will the inner tyre or rim hit the shock? opinions or previous experience would be great! the et on the rear wheels are et 47!

Keithslippery

Slippery
Sep 11, 2009
if your already running the wheels on your car with 25mm spacer and your just putting new adapters on which are 20mm, check the gap you have at the moment between your tyre,rim to the shock, if theres more than a 5mm gap there then you should be fine.

SeAt LC

Aug 27, 2011
Dorset
Oh rite get ya now! Im not running them at mo only trial fitted them and didnt check the clearance! I just checked adapters and front are 15mm sorry and rears are 20mm so i need to no if a 15mm adapter on the rear will fit without hitting the shock....

Feb 22, 2006
Penzance Cornwall
et 33 with a 15mm adaptor will not hit the shock, im running that offset with 10j and 3degrees of negetive camber, you will be fine, plus if it does hit its only the plastic guard that will touch not the shock itself.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members