Portable Music Player

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Hi chaps,

Quick question for you.

Although I usually stream music from my phone, Ive had the idea to transfer all my old CD's, digital music etc. (I have a lot) onto one device for use in the car when going on long jounrneys. I dont want to use my smartphone as the battery life is rubbish and storage is an issue.

With the demise of the ipod so to speak(although the Touch is still for sale), what do you guys use? How do you connect it to the car? (Bluetooth, Audio Jack, USB).

Any opinions would be much appreciated. High quality output is important.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
For no apparant reason I put music on CD, usb flash and sd card... But most of the time I stream from phone connected via Bluetooth. Because 1). it comes through a lot louder than the other methods and B). When I'm using tomtom or waze the navigation audio comes through the speakers too. If I'm playing music from any other source I get no audio from phone...unless I disable media audio from my phones Bluetooth. But then I can barely hear the phone over the music playing..

So win win for me, for bluetooth.....

Oh and I found the highest audio output will be from CD..... Next is sd card or USB flash card playing AAC @384kb/s..... We'll it is on mine as I only have the mib1 model...

Reactions: 2Stevo2

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm on android auto and YouTube music, so connected via USB. The phone is on constant charge and I have an offline library and access to Google Maps.
Although the music quality won't be as good, its acceptable and the beats audio helps mask it a little.

Reactions: 2Stevo2
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.