Possible MOT Failure?

urz

Ibiza Cupra
Mar 24, 2006
Berkshire
MOTs fast approaching and just had a daunting thought. My passenger window regulator is nackered, the window does go up + down but very slowly and you have to keep pushing the button each time to get it moving! Seat have quoted me £210 for the job (is that about right?) but dont think i got the time to get it done before.

So basically is this enough to fail an MOT?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
MOTs fast approaching and just had a daunting thought. My passenger window regulator is nackered, the window does go up + down but very slowly and you have to keep pushing the button each time to get it moving! Seat have quoted me £210 for the job (is that about right?) but dont think i got the time to get it done before.

So basically is this enough to fail an MOT?

try and get a cheaper regulator and DIY it.
pretty sure they are similar (design)to the mk2 ibiza regulator,which is a doddle to fit.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
from what i gather a MOT is a test for the safe operation of the car, ie the wheels are on safe, your headlights work, your breaks ect

?? what does your windows have to do with the safe working of your car ???

its only going to be the bits that make the car work safe they are going to check

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
from what i gather a MOT is a test for the safe operation of the car, ie the wheels are on safe, your headlights work, your breaks ect

?? what does your windows have to do with the safe working of your car ???

its only going to be the bits that make the car work safe they are going to check

Hope they dont check it breaks, otherwise we'd all be buggered.

Although they do check the brakes.

I understand why people ask though, because if your windows dont work, and you crash and cant open the door, then you'd need to get out of the window.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
windows cant be tested cos if you crash and the battery goes flying out of the bonnet ( does happen ) then the windows wont work will they :) only applys if you have electric windows, ie MK3 ibiza only 2 windows both electric

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm sure there are other ways of getting out of a window if an emergency arose.....

Anyway £210 is a royal rip off

20 mins work (ok, 30 if its your 1st time) and the part is about £80 - DIY, very very easy

T.C cupra

tom
Jul 11, 2006
hinckley, leicestershire
my passenger window regulator went on mine and got a new one from seat for about £100,

thought fair enough ill get it soon!!!!

rang up a week later and they said that they had posted it and it'll cost £47 and that i should get it soon.

rang up a couple days later to find out where the hell it was and turns out i must av been talkin to the tea boy cause it hadn't been ordered and the actual cost was about £100[:@]

finally got it through the post and the fitter started to strip the door down and fit the new one when i found out they ad sent me drivers side regulater in a passengers side box!!!

rang them up and they sent another one out which turned out to be the same so i went mental[:@] [:@]

finally got the third one which was the correct one and though i would av a go at the parts departement so they gave it me for £70

wat a game that was!!

i anyone need the actual battery thingy then they can av one as that still works!!:)