Power Steering gone, no fault

Angello90

Apr 1, 2015
Hey everyone. My car isn't seeing much driving these days. 2 weeks ago got in, and the wheels were difficult to turn. There was no indicator on the dash board suggesting power steering, but when car drives, a yellow steering wheel icon pops up on the dash. The moment I stop, the icon is gone.

Read back the ODB-II errors, but there is nothing. I read the errors when car was driving and the icon was shown - no errors.

Yesterday I topped up the fluid, as it was low, and long behold, the steering was back to normal. Happy with cheap solution I called it a day. Got into the car in the morning, steering is gone again. Same issues but this time the fluid is all topped up. There are no visible leaks under the car or around the steering rack.

Anyone got a suggestion?
Thanks

sMh

Apr 29, 2021
Check the speed sensors of each wheel, maybe something wrong with them.... 6L's have speed sensors on every wheel... So maybe one is faulty....

Reactions: Angello90

Angello90

Apr 1, 2015
Thanks guys, I'll give it a look. It must be something finicky as on a dry/hot day it seem to work, but not if it rains.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise