Powerflow exhausts??

ben_allen76

I,ve heard good things about Powerflow and i don't realy like the exhausts they make, but I've seen a Ibiza Cupra for sale with a powerflow exhaust, now is it worth buying it and keeping the powerflow on or selling the powerflow and gettin a milltek, supersprint or scorpion instead??
cheers

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Power flow are there to make one offs to how you like them to look and sound. If you dont like either or you want to get some power back out of the car go for a milltek or similar.

What is the car anyway?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Sell the exhaust! They are custom made, but the steel is of low quality, and more often than not, so is the exhaust.

Its a novelty, as you can tailor the sound, to your own choice,
quiet ok loud
Silent Midsport sport

In terms of quality, and performance, IMO they aint a touch on the Milltek's and supersrint systems

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
not 'loud' ' too loud' and 'daft loud' like normal

I think you'll read good things mostly on maxpower sites.

ben_allen76

Yeah exactly, there for show and no go, which thats not what I want. Also what is a Le Mans Dump valve??

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
difference between powerflow and other exhaust manufacturers is.

Milltek and others spend up to a week or fortnight test fitting an exhaust to get the right performance gains, sound and quality.

Powerflow spend about 20 minutes bending some shite pipes in and banging it on. The testing is limited to "does the car still start"

seriously i had one done for my olf Punto HGT and within a week i had bought another standard exhaust as it was unbearable at speed and lost me loads of compression and grunt.

never again. Bin it

ben_allen76

I was never going to keep it on, I have never ever heard a positive comment about them apart from like what m0rk said in maxpower

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
flashbsd said:
one word... rust :)

Even on there stainless steel welds, surely not. Hvae powerflow been lying to us, i think so.

bunch of cowboys.

Check out there site as well for comic value, 8 exhausts on a saxo, nice!!!

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
i searched for months for an exhaust for my 1.6 sport and the only people that made one was, from memory, scorpion, but it was only available in some weird tailpipe that i didnt like. i just wanted a twin 3" round so it looked nice and subtle

in the end i was left with only one option - a custom exhaust. went to powerflow and told them what i wanted. i stayed in the workshop with the guy while he made and fitted it and i have to say he's done a much better job than i thought i was gonna get. although, powerflow was a last resort.. i'm actually dead chuffed with it

nice sound - subtle not too loud. and looks smart

if i had a cupra tho, i would deffo go for a miltek

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The one in St albans is great. Had one made up for the V8 when we bobtailed it. I new it was cheap and chearful but when the only tools you need for a landi are a big hammer and an angle grinder i wasnt too bothered. They mad a nice roll cage section too, as all the pipe is is scaffold pole!

richieroo

Jun 28, 2005
oxford
i had a powerflow on my old clio as i swaped the engine for a volvo 440 turbo it was the only option, but i was really pleased not too loud and sounded great on boost!

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
It really does vary from dealer to dealer. Some places to a great job and can make it just how you want it, looks and sound. I have seen however, some times they are there just for the look, and normally at the expense of the performance. As Ant_FR mentioned earlier, Milltek and other exhaust manufacturers spend a lot of time on the development of their exhausts to get the best power figures from them.

Performance exhaust manufacturing is a science :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.