Prezf -MK2 Leon - Carbon Engine Cover Fitted **PICS**

Feb 26, 2009
London
Got new THS Engine and Gearbox Mounts. Hope to get fitted in next two weeks.

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

dougiea38

u must have spent a fortune looking good but whats it running at ?

Feb 26, 2009
London
yep too much tbh but it's so addictive :D but most say don't spend on him as much as I used to (think I'm getting older). Tbh not sure about the power atm, don't have a remap yet and haven't been on rollers as well. I hope to have around 220 but will go for stage 2+ eventually.

dougiea38

a have a fr 170 had it remapped and a dpf delete supposed to be around 230-240 bhp b ut not had it on rollers either but had it keeping up with cupra r's running at 317 bhp suppose the amount of torque cause its diesel helps :p

Feb 26, 2009
London
Blueflame downpipe with 100 cell cat

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

Will probably wait and fit it together with cat back since it's 3'' and oem catback is 2.5'' would need reducer.

Feb 26, 2009
London
Cheers Shane, I got real bargain, 375 I paid, will pm you guys details tomorrow, but not sure if he can give same price. Told me had bulk of 20 and needed to sel. Still worth a shot

Prez

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
Cheers Shane, I got real bargain, 375 I paid, will pm you guys details tomorrow, but not sure if he can give same price. Told me had bulk of 20 and needed to sel. Still worth a shot

Prez

£375!!! blimey that is good! Its defo a genuine blueflame?

If ya think the guy woud still be able to give the offer then defo drop me a PM mate :thumbup:

Feb 26, 2009
London
£375!!! blimey that is good! Its defo a genuine blueflame?

If ya think the guy woud still be able to give the offer then defo drop me a PM mate :thumbup:

Looks like it, do they do fakes ?:confused: bloke seemed genuine, it's a company, said he bought 20 of them and this was one of two that had left, sells a lot of exhausts on ebay so I hope it's ok

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Out of interest, how come you never bought a Leon FR/Sport TFSi which has the same BWA engine? Would have been a lot cheaper and easier.

Fair play for the clear enthusiasm you have for this car. Can't say I am a fan of the appearance, but will be interesting to see what power it makes eventually.

Feb 26, 2009
London
Out of interest, how come you never bought a Leon FR/Sport TFSi which has the same BWA engine? Would have been a lot cheaper and easier.

Fair play for the clear enthusiasm you have for this car. Can't say I am a fan of the appearance, but will be interesting to see what power it makes eventually.

When I bought it I was 20, just got my license, insurance on 1.6 was £1800, couldn't afford buying and insuring FR at the time. But it was my dream to own a Leon. With time i decided I want to modify and one thing led to another... Most admit that engine conversion was a big mistake, it end up costing 3x more than it meant to, but it was to late to pull out. So now car owes so much that there's no point in selling. So the plan now is to get it to stage 2+ and sort out bodywork, get rid of the spoiler and generally tidy him up. It's going very slow now as I have a baby so focus on him and saving for deposit . Still I learnt a lot and it's an experiance. I know a lot people don't like the kit and lambo doors (tbh I don't like the doors anymore) but the car is different and I love him :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Fair play. When you say sort out the body work, what exactly do you mean?

I spent a small fortune on my old car, and I learned a lot from doing that too. A lot of the time, peoples opinions on x, y and z modifications may well end up being different from mine. An example of this is when people say they notice differences between fuel - I cannot ever claim to have been able to notice that.

Another example is Uprated anti-roll bars which I added based on people saying a, b and c good things, but I was completely undewhelmed when they were on the car.

In addition, the fuel pump modification to include Autotech/KMD was another mistake simply because you run factory seals with higher pressure therefore possibly dumping fuel in to your engine oil if the seals pack up.

It is all a learning curve. I am guessing you will be keeping the car long term then eh?

Feb 26, 2009
London
I need to get the rear bumper resprayed and fixed, will eventually get 3'' catback with some different tailpipes (not sure which ones yet but want them to stand out), get rid of the spoiler and fit something more subtle, get handles and mirror covers in matt black to match the roof and some other bits to make sure car looks neat.

I read a thread where you listed the mods with a breif describtion. Thought it was great and learnt a lot from that so won't be going for arb :D I would love get APR fuel pump as I read it's different ligue but £700 is too much for me atm. I got autotech internals for £230 in a groupbuy on other forum so wasn't too bad. I'm saving up for that catback and then get a remap, revo I think.

Yeah will keep the car for long years now. I hope once I get a house and buy a family car (estate or something) can change the leon into a track toy and try to do some track days, but that's far away atm. Would also be interesting into changing that into 3 door :D but that was just a thought, didn't look into that and won't for long time as well.

mlavery689

That think is seriously mad! But cool at the same time! Fair play!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hey there mate. Spotted you cruizing down Gower street about 2 weeks or so ago in the evening at UCL. Car is looking good bud. It was the 29th July if you check the spotted section hehehehehe

Feb 26, 2009
London
I know :( I'm just so busy sorting my house out (it's new built) I got no free time at all. I hope things will ease up a bit next month and can finally get my remap done :D You've been ok ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members